Seth Davis doesn't mention us on Saturday | The Boneyard

Seth Davis doesn't mention us on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was disappointed Seth's season outlook at halftime on Saturday had no mention of any UConn players in his top tier nor was UConn mentioned in his Final Four talk.

Reaction Score
I was disappointed Seth's season outlook at halftime on Saturday had no mention of any UConn players in his top tier nor was UConn mentioned in his Final Four talk.

crap guess that means we are doomed

Reaction Score
They'l be taling about us from late February on. This team needs time to blend all the parts, but we'll be there.

Reaction Score
Good. Who the hell is Seth Davis anyway? Let 'em ramble on about KY, Duke, UNC, etc. It doesn't matter; the games have to be played.

Reaction Score
It's the same stuff he shelled out last year... he just changed the year.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
It is my preference that Seth Davis never mention UConn....

I prefer that other people mention UConn to him.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
UConn gets plenty of love from lots of legit sources. We're not under the radar, and therefore fighting for scraps of the spotlight. There will always be knuckleheads who have strong biases, but nobody ever said you need to be smart to be a sportswriter.

Reaction Score
I am not sure we have played anyone big enough or showed anyone anything but flashes of were we need to be to be included in every FF conversation the talking heads have. They did not talk about us last year and that worked out ok as well.

DOOMED!

Reaction Score
I just want to add that back in 2004 i remember Seth Davis was anti Uconn the whole year. He always found something wrong with them and never believed they would win the NC even though Uconn had the most talent. It wasnt until halftime of the Georgia Tech game when he finally jumped on board and finally called Uconn the best team in the country, but that was when it was pretty clear who was going to win.

Im not a big Seth Favis fan to begin with but im surprised he has a job as an analyst when he didnt even play the game. I know he is smart and has covered college basketball for years, but it just seems odd to me because most of those jobs are held by former players or coaches.

Reaction Score
I'm sensing the analysts out there are doing something similar to what we are doing before really assessing this Uconn team - waiting for it to gel a bit. And also waiting for it to play some barometer competition. I wouldn't read into Seth Davis too much.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
For Timothy's Sake man!! It's mid-December!! He'll be talking UConn in February.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He was there when UConn choked away that UCF game. Probably has influnced his thinking.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nobody does more with the "perceived slight" than JC. They are just loading his bullets for him.

Reaction Score
For Timothy's Sake man!! It's mid-December!! He'll be talking UConn in February.

..................... after we play some good competition. No one can honestly say/know how good we are until we are tested. Too bad we have to wait another month or so.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
at the end of the day, we're no Gonzga don'tchaknow

does Seth still pick the Zags into the FF every year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom