Seriously, is ESPN only showing UCONN losses? | The Boneyard

Seriously, is ESPN only showing UCONN losses?

Reaction Score
This afternoon they are showing the 2012 semifinal loss to Notre Dame. Every time I look, except for the Ohio game, it’s a painful loss. We haven’t lost very much over the years, so it feels like this is purposeful.:rolleyes: I’m kidding, but I would love to watch a winning game.

Reaction Score
It's because our wins are blowouts and our losses are close games. Unfortunately our losses usually comes on the biggest stage also.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
UConn wbb is like the Red Sox.

Win dominant.

Lose exciting.

So the losses make for better tv....

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Win dominant.

Lose exciting.

This is it. When you're the best, other people love to see you get taken down. They roll their eyes when you win and win and keep on winning, and they erupt with joy when you finally lose.

Let's take it as a compliment. The alternative would be to just be like everyone else.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
UConn wbb is like the Red Sox.

Win dominant.

Lose exciting.

Betraying that I’m not a Sox fan, there is no way UConn is in the same league as the Sox. UConn never goes from first to worst like the Sox.

Reaction Score
Well, how to say this, if you're watching a boxing fight of Mike Tyson, it's most views for a loss than for a win ...

Reaction Score
Never being the underdog, even when you should be, is a prooth (?) of the quality of the program

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Betraying that I’m not a Sox fan, there is no way UConn is in the same league as the Sox. UConn never goes from first to worst like the Sox.

Just look at the Sox titles this century.

4 game ws
4 game ws
6 game ws
5 game ws

Now when they’ve lost the world series in their history it’s gone 7.

Then there’s Aaron Boone in 03 and the Tampa bay debacle in 2008.

Just brutal

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Just look at the Sox titles this century.

4 game ws
4 game ws
6 game ws
5 game ws

Now when they’ve lost the world series in their history it’s gone 7.

Then there’s Aaron Boone in 03 and the Tampa bay debacle in 2008.

Just brutal
Are you counting the sign stealing season?

Reaction Score
Hey I am just enjoying watching some WBB, especially if it involves our beloved UConn WBB squad, win or lose.

Reaction Score
This afternoon they are showing the 2012 semifinal loss to Notre Dame. Every time I look, except for the Ohio game, it’s a painful loss. We haven’t lost very much over the years, so it feels like this is purposeful.:rolleyes: I’m kidding, but I would love to watch a winning game.

"This is purposeful"
Don't kid because it is probably true....

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
This is it. When you're the best, other people love to see you get taken down. They roll their eyes when you win and win and keep on winning, and they erupt with joy when you finally lose.

Let's take it as a compliment. The alternative would be to just be like everyone else.

It's as close as I've ever come to knowing what it's like to be a Yankee's fan.

Damn Yankees they were bad for baseball.

1585953471914.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You asked for it. NBA 2K. :oops:

Reaction Score
Nothing on the other night, so I was searching YouTube on my TV. I found the 2000 championship game. Bird was the PG. Watching Shea Ralph was very interesting. She was kinda Wispy/quiet like, all over the court making plays, grabbing rebounds, stealing the ball, scoring. Very tough customer taking the body and diving on the floor. They showed her mother a couple of times who was a star at I believe NC Chapel Hill. That toughness she displayed 20 years ago shows on her face today on the bench. Probably why geno wants her around. Geno made hockey style changes, subbing out 3-4 players at a time and not missing a step. We need that kind of bench again.

Reaction Score
My point is that’s all they are showing. Tonight it’s the loss against Mississippi and later the 2012 loss to Notre Dame. Of course all programs have had painful losses. We have inflicted a few. I’d just like to see one.

Reaction Score
We must have different channels. Just saw several of the NCAA games with Bird and Taurasi. Wow! Wow! Had forgotten how good they both were in college. Dominate!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
We must have different channels. Just saw several of the NCAA games with Bird and Taurasi. Wow! Wow! Had forgotten how good they both were in college. Dominate!
I'd like to have that channel you watched.

Reaction Score
My point is that’s all they are showing. Tonight it’s the loss against Mississippi and later the 2012 loss to Notre Dame. Of course all programs have had painful losses. We have inflicted a few. I’d just like to see one.

They showed that loss against Mississippi a couple of times too.... Just in case any of us might have missed watching the game in real time... That network is so biased it ridiculous.

I am in the mood to watch Dee kicking the ball in the stands as she destroyed Tennessee.

Reaction Score
You’ve lost about 20 games since 2000. ESPN shows some games in which you lost, and that’s what you complain about? Must be nice to be a UCONN fan.

Edit- After looking, UCONN has lost about 40 games. What a shock. Most programs lost that in a season and half. Find something else to complain about, ESPN is not biased against UCONN.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
TV is all about viewers. Many more people will watch a UCONN loss than a UCONN win. "This is business, not personal!" ;):rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom