Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Serious question: what do we make of Rentschler Field after the program disbands?
Demolish the place and put the space to better use; make a farm or a land fill.

Reaction Score
I mean he could also just add a $2 ticket surcharge for Revs and Patriots tickets and pay for it himself but the moral of the story is he wants to move to Boston, the Mayor wants him in Boston. $100M will not stop that. He's already threatened to move the team to Providence, it's just a matter of time until he gets his way.

Reaction Score
I hate these posts. Grow a sack were in it for the long haul, if you're not, just leave and stop suggesting we drop football. It ain't happening and I can;t imagine another fan base that would propose it. Christ UAB fans are mourning their team when powerful people set out to sabbotage it. I never see no old time handle/posters propose this.
Good thing you have all those old handles to talk sense into you.

Reaction Score
Good thing you have all those old handles to talk sense into you.
We suck. We just lost to a winless team. You propose dropping football, after 200 million have been spent on infrastructure. Try some patience. Football ins't hurting bball. We just won two national titles in the spring, oh the agony of being a UConn fan.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I hate these posts. Grow a sack were in it for the long haul, if you're not, just leave and stop suggesting we drop football. It ain't happening and I can;t imagine another fan base that would propose it. Christ UAB fans are mourning their team when powerful people set out to sabbotage it. I never see no old time handle/posters propose this.

There not football fans but glorified basketball fans who expect to win always. I wonder how many of these fans would have stuck around in the early to mid 80's when UCONN was a bottom dweller in the Big East.

Reaction Score
There not football fans but glorified basketball fans who expect to win always. I wonder how many of these fans would have stuck around in the early to mid 80's when UCONN was a bottom dweller in the Big East.

Yup like I've said before, there's the true UConn fans who root for every team/sport, then there's the elitist-bandwagon basketball only fans. Those aren't true UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Yup like I've said before, there's the true UConn fans who root for every team/sport, then there's the elitist-bandwagon basketball only fans. Those aren't true UConn fans.
WE have UConn Bball fans who are ND or Penn State FB fans. Talk about front runners.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You have to play this out another 5 to 10 years.

Reaction Score
Yep. I am embarrassed some are suggesting dropping football. Give me a break. It is the best sport on the planet. I like football way more than basketball, even with the dumpster fire of the last 4 years. I would rather basketball drop down to division 2, then see the football program shuttered.

I'm completely the opposite

Reaction Score
I've been to two hockey games in Hartford and will go to at least two more this year. I've been a football season ticket holder since 08. I watched baseball tournament games on my iPad on espn 3. If it makes you feel better to call me a bandwagon fan who only roots for basketball ok, that's a you problem. I enjoy watching all UConn sports but I'm tired of the football program making us a laughingstock. You wonder if we downgrade to FCS and dominate, get ourselves into a better hoops league like the A10 is a better fit for us. In my opinion we'd be a more attractive realignment candidate than we are playing Tulsa and Tulane. Again, call me a front runner but that's a you problem.

Reaction Score
I've been to two hockey games in Hartford and will go to at least two more this year. I've been a football season ticket holder since 08. I watched baseball tournament games on my iPad on espn 3. If it makes you feel better to call me a bandwagon fan who only roots for basketball ok, that's a you problem. I enjoy watching all UConn sports but I'm tired of the football program making us a laughingstock. You wonder if we downgrade to FCS and dominate, get ourselves into a better hoops league like the A10 is a better fit for us. In my opinion we'd be a more attractive realignment candidate than we are playing Tulsa and Tulane. Again, call me a front runner but that's a you problem.

Well I never specifically called anyone out but if the shoe fits...

Everybody's fed up with football but where we differ is I'm more concerned with getting our football on track than I am preserving our basketball crown.

Reaction Score
If I could I would trade our basketball championships for a perennial top-25 football team again like we had from 07-09.

Reaction Score
Every program, is the right coaching hire away from being credible. Look no further than David Cutcliffe at Duke. Ole Miss struggled for years to replace him, and Duke turned around overnight. Sure, he isn't young or handsome but he can coach. UConn's fans simply think that hiring the right coach is easy because most of us have mostly experienced the Calhoun and Auriema eras, and then we replace Calhoun with a HC that wins the national title in his first NCAA trip. I include myself in this categor. Never thought replacing Edsall would be this hard. Boy was I wrong.

Reaction Score
If I could I would trade our basketball championships for a perennial top-25 football team again like we had from 07-09.
And you're complaining about front runners? You are the reason we settle for mediocrity

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If you are so clueless to think the basketball program would survive the elimination of the football program...
It's not like there isn't a similar example in the news OH WAIT UAB dropped football and immediately got kicked out of their conference.

Reaction Score
It's not like there isn't a similar example in the news OH WAIT UAB dropped football and immediately got kicked out of their conference.
LMAO, at these dudes thinking the BE would welcome us with open arms. BE would see this as the chance to put their foot down on our throats and eliminate as a regional threat once and for all. They would view it as 100%, desperation which it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom