• Downgrade and move to the A10

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Disband football and move to the big east

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Should we downgrade to FCS and move hoops to another league? This isn't working, the football program isn't on life support, it's dead. There were 37 people at the game today and at some point in time that same football program is going to kill the basketball program. We can't let the football program kill our basketball program

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
There is really only one option.

Reaction Score
Serious question: what do we make of Rentschler Field after the program disbands?

Reaction Score
Serious question: what do we make of Rentschler Field after the program disbands?
Thought it was owned by the state and not UConn directly? If so, let Malloy figure it out, no one here gives a f@ck anymore.

Reaction Score
They can't drop it because it will be announcing surrender.

But the results on the field have pretty much shown me everyone has given up in Storrs.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Should we downgrade to FCS and move hoops to another league? This isn't working, the football program isn't on life support, it's dead. There were 37 people at the game today and at some point in time that same football program is going to kill the basketball program. We can't let the football program kill our basketball program

If we drop FBS football, then that leaves the P5 to kill our basketball program. No athletic program outside of the P5 will survive when they keep ratcheting up the perks of their autonomy.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The state owns it. They can get a soccer team.

They can't. Kraft has exclusivity over CT and won't let MLS put a team here.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I would honestly consider dropping football if we could somehow get basketball into the ACC. I'm not an anti new Big East guy, but that won't cut it

Reaction Score
They can't. Kraft has exclusivity over CT and won't let MLS put a team here.

Well he has exclusivity while he's in Foxboro, once he moves to Boston we're freed.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Make a pitch to MLS. But dropping FB is moronic. BB won't be safe in a G5 or non-FB conference. Anyone who thinks otherwise is, well, moronic.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If we drop FBS football, then that leaves the P5 to kill our basketball program. No athletic program outside of the P5 will survive when they keep ratcheting up the perks of their autonomy.

I can understand arguments about why that might happen, but I don't think it will for the exact same reasons the Northeast sucks at football - it's great for basketball. I believe there will always be a need for a strong Northeast hoops league. And if there were to be such a league with some sort of guarantee those schools won't compete in FBS football, I believe those schools might be able to offer similar perks.

The SEC and to a lesser extent the B12 just don't have the same hoops culture. College hoops needs strong teams worth watching from DC to Boston.

This has more to do with media markets than the NCAA or SEC or any other governing body.

Reaction Score
Make a pitch to MLS. But dropping FB is moronic. BB won't be safe in a G5 or non-FB conference. Anyone who thinks otherwise is, well, moronic.

I'm a little tongue and cheek when I say that but the UAB thing brings up a sobering reality.

zls44

Reaction Score
once he moves to Boston

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

Reaction Score
I hate these posts. Grow a sack were in it for the long haul, if you're not, just leave and stop suggesting we drop football. It ain't happening and I can;t imagine another fan base that would propose it. Christ UAB fans are mourning their team when powerful people set out to sabbotage it. I never see no old time handle/posters propose this.

Reaction Score
Kraft won't move the team to Boston. Too expensive and has too much invested in Patriot Place.

MLS and Kraft don't want a team playing in a 65,000 seat stadium in front of 15,000. Not good for business.

zls44

Reaction Score
MLS and Kraft don't want a team playing in a 65,000 seat stadium in front of 15,000. Not good for business.

Totally agree- just doesn't seem like Kraft cares.

Reaction Score
I hate these posts. Grow a sack were in it for the long haul, if you're not, just leave and stop suggesting we drop football. It ain't happening and I can;t imagine another fan base that would propose it. Christ UAB fans are mourning their team when powerful people set out to sabbotage it. I never see no old time handle/posters propose this.

Yep. I am embarrassed some are suggesting dropping football. Give me a break. It is the best sport on the planet. I like football way more than basketball, even with the dumpster fire of the last 4 years. I would rather basketball drop down to division 2, then see the football program shuttered.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yep. I am embarrassed some are suggesting dropping football. Give me a break. It is the best sport on the planet. I like football way more than basketball, even with the dumpster fire of the last 4 years. I would rather basketball drop down to division 2, then see the football program shuttered.
I a big proponent of letting people post what they want and I think the moderators do a good job here, but these va jay jays and their drop football mantra after we've poured 200 million that last dozen years or so is stupid. I don't think Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana, or Duke fans pre cutcliffe would consider it, but here our football program is practically blamed for yesterday's loss to Yale. Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom