Series vs. UMass coming | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Series vs. UMass coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess. But if you take those numbers as correlated to strength they still don't look that good. So if you play UConn as a top 5 team you will face a team that when is clicking will play like a top 5 team but if you beat us it's only equivalent to a RPI 35 win. Doesn't seem like that huge of a reward relative to risk, especially when it comes to scheduling the blue bloods who take scheduling risk/reward very seriously it seems.
No one is worried about "only" getting a top 35 RPI win. Good lord.

Reaction Score
I feel like UConn is having trouble scheduling marquee power programs in OOC. Either teams are avoiding us, which I can see because we aren't really ranked that high in the AP or RPI much lately but we are capable of beating anyone, a losing scenario for the other team. That or conferences are requiring more P5 scheduling, I know the Big10 implemented that rule for football, wouldn't be surprised if it made it into basketball scheduling.
I'm not really sure if they have trouble with the scheduling. UConn tends to have choices between which early season tournament it will participate in. Since being sentenced to the AAC (under the old administration), we scheduled Maryland twice, Duke, Florida, Stanford, Ohio State, Georgetown, Syracuse, and Arizona. The arrival of Benedict coincided with the removal of McCarthy, and since that change, we've scheduled Auburn and UMass OOC. So I don't think we've had an issue scheduling recently, but with the change in staff I'm definitely concerned going forward.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm just glad KO isn't afraid to play the Minutemen after all those years that JC quivered in his sneakers over the thoughts of playing UMass. :rolleyes:
Y'know that's not funny, not even ironically. UMass was on a mission to smear UConn whenever possible. I hate even being mentioned in the same paragraph with them, much less play them in sports. Like I read on the side of a "float" at an attempt of a homecoming parade many year's ago "Muck UFass"!

Reaction Score
Don't mind scheduling UMass as long as they replace one of our early season cupcakes. Easy travel and that will be important once we are in the Big 12.:)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
No one is worried about "only" getting a top 35 RPI win. Good lord.
Good lord? Do you have to be such a drama queen every time you hit the post button? It's just you behind a keyboard, relax.

As for top 35 that was a rough average of our program over the last 5 years. Some years we were lower some years we were significantly higher. The point is our inconsistency makes us a shaky scheduling proposition for certain teams who only want sure things.

Reaction Score
Don't mind scheduling UMass as long as they replace one of our early season cupcakes.
Yes, I think we all agree on that. The issue many people are pointing out is that they're giving UMass a home and home series which is normally done for major programs. UConn isn't giving UNH, Maine, CCSU, Hartford, Yale, etc. home and homes since they want the revenue generated by home games. So if UMass is replacing Georgetown, Texas, Ohio State, etc. then that's not good.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yes, I think we all agree on that. The issue many people are pointing out is that they're giving UMass a home and home series which is normally done for major programs. UConn isn't giving UNH, Maine, CCSU, Hartford, Yale, etc. home and homes since they want the revenue generated by home games. So if UMass is replacing Georgetown, Texas, Ohio State, etc. then that's not good.
It was mentioned that one of the (UMass home) games will be played in Boston. As we finally have an administration that wants to expand our reach to Manhattan and Boston, there are some benefits that a series with Yale, CSU or Maine wouldn't provide.

Reaction Score
It was mentioned that one of the (UMass home) games will be played in Boston. As we finally have an administration that wants to expand our reach to Manhattan and Boston, there are some benefits that a series with Yale, CSU or Maine wouldn't provide.
Good point. Maybe UConn is looking at it as a 3 for 1 since they want to play in Boston. I wonder though if they really wanted to play in Boston could they do better than UMass? Could they fill the Boston Garden if they played a high level program like Kansas, UNC or Duke (who likes neutral site games)? Don't even mention Boston College. Nobody cares about BC in Boston except their alums. And even they barely do.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
May as well wait for some confirmation from UConn before we fret too much. This could just be a new AD trying to blow some smoke up his fanbase's ass.

Reaction Score
Good lord? Do you have to be such a drama queen every time you hit the post button? It's just you behind a keyboard, relax.

As for top 35 that was a rough average of our program over the last 5 years. Some years we were lower some years we were significantly higher. The point is our inconsistency makes us a shaky scheduling proposition for certain teams who only want sure things.

Your point(s) are comically idiotic as per usual.

Us having trouble scheduling marquee teams. Marquee teams caring about RPI on the level you insinuate. It's all dumb.

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Your point(s) are comically idiotic as per usual.

Us having trouble scheduling marquee teams. Marquee teams caring about RPI on the level you insinuate. It's all dumb.
Your a joke here dude, enjoy being BigErn's lackey.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is the type of 100-150 RPI game everyone says we should schedule... Then are pissed when we do.

Reaction Score
Your a joke here dude, enjoy being BigErn's lackey.
I guess this means BigErn also points out you're an idiot? Or for you, your an idiot?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is the type of 100-150 RPI game everyone says we should schedule... Then are pissed when we do.

We should schedule them to replace cupcake home games against CCSU and Maine.
We should not schedule them as home-and-homes in lieu of legitimate marquee matchups.

Reaction Score
We should schedule them to replace cupcake home games against CCSU and Maine.
We should not schedule them as home-and-homes in lieu of legitimate marquee matchups.

Crazy how many people don't get this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS