Series Continued (UConn) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Series Continued (UConn)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nah, Scoop, I hear what you're saying, and I know lots of folks here share your view. (Furthermore, as I said, I know the reality is that a series renewal won't happen anytime soon.) But I just don't share it...to the contrary, I not only want Tenn to regain credibility, I want the series renewed despite, and along with, their accompanying abject refusal to offer any apology. The more they give me reason to hate them, the more eagerly I'd anticipate the games. C'mon...would any of the beatdowns of ND feel so good if we didn't hate them so much?

Big P, I hear what you're saying, and I respect your opinion and your viewpoint. I agree with most of your posts and comments. But I gotta go along with Geno on that issue. Two proud programs and neither of them will blink. I agree with you about the euphoric feeling after a beat down of a bitter rival.........especially in their house!!

Reaction Score
FSU for sure. Saw the game last year and it was a cliffhanger. I'm in the minority on this board, but TN in a heartbeat, Sorry., but the person who owes "us" an apology is, um, dead. Let's move on, shall we? I'd like to see DePaul and TX, as well.
I think you need to go to the public Lady Voll board before you decide that the only person who owes UCONN and Geno and apology is dead. While some of their fans get it, there is still quite bit of hate and outright dishonesty over there.

Reaction Score
Big P, I hear what you're saying, and I respect your opinion and your viewpoint. I agree with most of your posts and comments. But I gotta go along with Geno on that issue. Two proud programs and neither of them will blink. I agree with you about the euphoric feeling after a beat down of a bitter rival....especially in their house!!
We agree, of course, that all of this is moot anyway...but one other thing makes it especially moot: Credibility ain't right around the corner for them, not with Warlick as coach. She can apparently still recruit, God bless her, but she's in so far over her poor little head they just can't get there with her at the helm. What would be the point of "hating" her? Now Muffett, on the other hand....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We agree, of course, that all of this is moot anyway...but one other thing makes it especially moot: Credibility ain't right around the corner for them, not with Warlick as coach. She can apparently still recruit, God bless her, but she's in so far over her poor little head they just can't get there with her at the helm. What would be the point of "hating" her? Now Muffett, on the other hand....

Now you're talking!!!! UConn Nation loves to hate little miss Muffet. I really don't like to use "hate" in reference to Muffet or anyone else, but that word does adequately describe the disdain and vitriol many Husky fans have for her. Not the players, just her.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Being out here on the "left coast", I would love to see UConn begin a home & home on-going series with UCLA and another school from the west coast (Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, Gonzaga, USC, or maybe one of the Arizona schools). One year those two schools come to Storrs, the next year, UConn goes west. There are lots of schools in the western region they can rotate with if they choose, that would give them a "decent" game. Schools they don't normally play, that would love the opportunity to play an elite program like UConn.

As a fellow left coaster, I think it would be great for some fans out here to get a chance to see UConn in person. I've only seen them once, back at the beginning of the '00-'01 season. Duck fans will be lucky enough to see them in Eugene this season, although not against UO.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Now you're talking!!!! UConn Nation loves to hate little miss Muffet. I really don't like to use "hate" in reference to Muffet or anyone else, but that word does adequately describe the disdain and vitriol many Husky fans have for her. Not the players, just her.

A few years ago (I don't remember which season exactly, but it was more recent than the whole 2014 Final Four kerfuffle), Geno was asked about his team "hating" Notre Dame. He initially said he didn't really think they "hated" them. The reporter then said that a couple of the players had admitted to "hating" Notre Dame. Geno, ever on his toes, didn't miss a beat and immediately said that this was actually a compliment to how good Notre Dame is, because why would you "hate" someone if they were no good and you could beat them by 40.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I don't think that there is an official series with these teams but I think Uconn should play them every year.
  1. Notre Dame
  2. Maryland
  3. Baylor
  4. South Carolina
  5. Mississippi State (just for the heck of it - could MS St be giant killers again?)
  6. Stanford
  7. Texas
  8. Tennessee (dreaming but will never happen)

Dawn said this week that the series between USC and UCONN will continue.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
@cockhrnleghrn I am happy. Dawn wants her program to stay at the elite level. She isn't afraid to put her team up against the best. The SEC is a pretty competitive conference, add Uconn and a few other top 25 teams and you have a very nice schedule.

Dawn hinted that the plan is to play UConn, Maryland and Duke every year... already in the works for UConn and Duke.. this year we begin a two game series with Maryland. I think it benefits both programs if it continues beyond that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dawn hinted that the plan is to play UConn, Maryland and Duke every year... already in the works for UConn and Duke.. this year we begin a two game series with Maryland. I think it benefits both programs if it continues beyond that.

Good... its always good to feast on chicken..... especially on Sundays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom