OT: - Serena Williams will compete in US Open | The Boneyard

OT: Serena Williams will compete in US Open

Reaction Score
I'm glad to see this. I'm a huge sports fan and have been fortunate enough to attend Final Fours for both WBB and MBB, the Indianapolis 500, the Masters and (of course) multiple Kentucky Derbies.

My wife's second sport, after WBB, is tennis. Serena Williams is her favorite player. Two years ago we were able to see her play two matches in Cincinnati. A bucket list item for my wife, for sure.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
but Simona Halep is thumbs down (at the moment). Sounds less like medical and more like the open operating conditions.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
but Simona Halep is thumbs down (at the moment). Sounds less like medical and more like the open operating conditions.
The less top players who show up, the easier it will be for Serena to win another grand slam. I'm sure the closer it gets to the tourney, the easier it will be to figure out protocol.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The less top players who show up, the easier it will be for Serena to win another grand slam. I'm sure the closer it gets to the tourney, the easier it will be to figure out protocol.

I really have no sympathy for the top players avoiding the US Open. I cant think of a sport better suited for social distancing. They seem annoyed by restrictions on their entourage and I guess they don't like international travel but you can certainly buy out rows of seats on the plane (in first class)

And when Kyrgios says the US Open is selfish, you know you stepped through the looking glass. :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I really have no sympathy for the top players avoiding the US Open. I cant think of a sport better suited for social distancing. They seem annoyed by restrictions on their entourage and I guess they don't like international travel but you can certainly buy out rows of seats on the plane (in first class)

And when Kyrgios says the US Open is selfish, you know you stepped through the looking glass. :rolleyes:
More than that, players who make it to the round of 32 get $162,000. If that isn't worth a little discomfort, I don't know what is. For 1 week of work? Round of 16 is $280,000. Quarterfinalists, $500,000.

That's a $h:tload of money. If they don't want to participate, I'm sure someone else will gladly take their place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom