OT: - Serena vs Sloane at US Open | The Boneyard

OT: Serena vs Sloane at US Open

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sloane with a double break and serving for the first set at 5-2

Edit. Sloane served out the 1st set at love. Set 1 6-2. She is playing very relaxed error free tennis.

Reaction Score
Serena is 6-11 when losing the first set at the US Open :(:(

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I see Sloane's coach and Serena's husband but I do not see Serena's coach?

Edit. Serena has totally turned it around. Takes set 2 6-2. Her serve has gotten a lot better. Who will take the final set?

Final Edit. Serena Wins 2-6 6-2 6-2. Combination of Serena getting better and Sloane getting sloppy

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, Novak Djokovic tossed out when he accidentally hits a linesman with the tennis ball hit from his racket in anger. Probably harsh but rules are rules

Fun watching John McEnroe whine that the rules should not be enforced for the top seed.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Serena / Sakori entering a 3rd set after Serena loses a 2nd set tie breaker 8-6. High level tennis

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Great match with Serena winning in 3 sets. Sakkari is younger, fitter and she even served harder than Serena, but somehow Serena found a way to summon that extra gear after going down a break in the 3rd set.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great match with Serena winning in 3 sets. Sakkari is younger, fitter and she even served harder than Serena, but somehow Serena found a way to summon that extra gear after going down a break in the 3rd set.

Sakkari had a great serve and strong all around game but Serena's top serves in the important 3rd set were as high as 124 mph with Sakkari's fastest serves in the 1st set at 117mph.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I would like to see Sakkari play. I don't see many players with the kind of power you all says she has.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sakkari had a great serve and strong all around game but Serena's top serves in the important 3rd set were as high as 124 mph with Sakkari's fastest serves in the 1st set at 117mph.
That 124 mph for Serena was an outlier. Sakkari had more aces and I believe her average 1st service speed topped Serena by 6 mph. Nevertheless, Serena outplayed Sakkari down the stretch.

Serena will face an unseeded player in the quarterfinals, which may give her just a little easier route to the semifinals.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Serena down a set once again, digs down to find an extra gear to win her quarterfinal at the US Open 4-6, 6-3, 6-2. On to the semifinals.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Azarenka dismantling Mertens. 6-1 2-0 so far Very happy for her. Had a tough stretch for a long time.

Edit. 6-1 6-0. Azarenka will win if she plays like this. Her ground stroke game is elite and her serve is better than even when she was #1

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Azarenka dismantling Mertens. 6-1 2-0 so far Very happy for her. Had a tough stretch for a long time.

Edit. 6-1 6-0. Azarenka will win if she plays like this. Her ground stroke game is elite and her serve is better than even when she was #1
Azarenka looks much fitter than I remember, even after having a baby. However, Serena seems to find a way. It should be a great match.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Azarenka looks much fitter than I remember, even after having a baby. However, Serena seems to find a way. It should be a great match.

I think Azarenka will win handily in straight sets. She never misses a ground stroke and is always on the attack. Serena will feel the pressure (#24 still eludes her) way too much. Azarenka is playing with house money. No one saw her resurgence so quickly. She is mentally in such a good place.

Also,her son is named Leo. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think Azarenka will win handily in straight sets. She never misses a ground stroke and is always on the attack. Serena will feel the pressure (#24 still eludes her) way too much. Azarenka is playing with house money. No one saw her resurgence so quickly. She is mentally in such a good place.

For 3 straight matches vs Stephens, Sakkari and Pironkova I thought Serena was overmatched and on her way out of the tournament. Serena is too old. She’s lost a step. She’s not as dominant a server as she once was.

But Serena is quite frankly one of the most intense competitors in all of sports. Azarenka may well win tonight, but I seriously doubt it will be “handily.”

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Vika is playing some of the best tennis of her life
Very much improved serve; finally a weapon.
Extraordinary confidence; new found joy in life and sport.
Serena will fight and play the match of the tournament
But she is not fully fit and Azarenka is.
Two wonderful sets to Vika.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Vika is playing some of the best tennis of her life
Very much improved serve; finally a weapon.
Extraordinary confidence; new found joy in life and sport.
Serena will fight and play the match of the tournament
But she is not fully fit and Azarenka is.
Two wonderful sets to Vika.

Agree with the Vika analysis. Not sure Serena can be in better shape then she is now. She has played alot of tough matches lately so is clearly match fit and I do not know of any underlying injuries she is dealing with.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
WNBA taking a back seat for me. 2 scrumptious matchups. :D:D:D

Hope they live up to expectations.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
WNBA taking a back seat for me. 2 scrumptious matchups. :D:D:D

Hope they live up to expectations.

Osaka beats Brady in 3 sets. Very high quality match with low unforced errors and winners all over the place by both 7-6 (7-1) 3-6 6-3

Hope second game is as good

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Geez. Serena dipping back to her peak years. Her ground strokes are as good as I have seen in a long time.

6-1 Serena

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think my analysis was pretty spot on
At the end, Vika's fitness was the untold story of the match
Serena couldn't keep up the wonderful standard of her first set.
And Vika's service, woeful in the first set, became just adequate enough...

But Naomi will take her.

Reaction Score
I was surprised how much Serena wanted to trade forehands. She never really went to Vika’s backhand. So, Vika didn’t have to move much in the second and third sets.

Serena turns 39 later this month and, is still one of the best...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geez. Serena dipping back to her peak years. Her ground strokes are as good as I have seen in a long time.

6-1 Serena

Just woke up. :eek::eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom