September transfer thread | The Boneyard

September transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow super interesting tik tok from a former Cuse WBB player..
The caption of the video is …
When 12/15 of your team transfers

Reaction Score
Saw this on the Longhorns Fan Forum. Curious as to whether she's entering the portal or if there is something else behind this.

Reaction Score
One month in and 25 players have already decided to transfer!
I can understand some frosh getting to campus and realizing they made a mistake but the others …. ?
It's just the culture we are in now. The NCAA has helped open the flood gate by a strange series of waivers followed by a one year immediately eligibility for all transfers followed by a one time free transfer rule. Clearly I don't like it but that genie is out of the bottle.

Reaction Score
It's just the culture we are in now. The NCAA has helped open the flood gate by a strange series of waivers followed by a one year immediately eligibility for all transfers followed by a one time free transfer rule. Clearly I don't like it but that genie is out of the bottle.
The transfers are not the surprise for me . It’s the timing. What does an upperclassmen know in August that she didn’t know in April-July? And it’s enough that they are willing to sit out a year for it? (when if they had transferred just a few weeks earlier they would’ve been eligible immediately)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The transfers are not the surprise for me . It’s the timing. What does an upperclassmen know in August that she didn’t know in April-July? And it’s enough that they are willing to sit out a year for it? (when if they had transferred just a few weeks earlier they would’ve been eligible immediately)
Do we know of anyone who has actually tested the new rules waiver process? My guess is the NCAA is going to an "all requested waivers approved mode" where they treat everyone like they did ND. :D

Reaction Score
I still say it's the culture. The expectation now is everyone will get a waiver for any reason they wish as long as it's applied for by the school and I suspect the NCAA will buckle again.

This was not done to help the student athletes, it was done to help coaches and programs. No student should be forced to stay in a situation that isn't for them but the only thing transfers couldn't do was play in games. They could practice, get a scholarship, get all the benefits of being on a team but could not play in games which they received a year of eligibility back for later. That doesn't seem like such a bad deal to me.

Sorry I'm just fussing and grousing like the old guy I am.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Promise Taylor is at Grayson College
How is that even possible?

She spent 2017-18 at Ole Miss as a true freshman. Transferred to Miss. State and sat out 2018-19. Didn't play Fall 2019 as she recovered from injuries, and then left the MSU program in February 2020 (not sure if she remained as a student the rest of the Spring). So, that's 2.5 - 3 years of academic coursework at Division 1 schools.

Going to a JUCO after all that is just odd, academically-speaking. Perhaps she is trying to bolster some academic deficiencies in order to re-enroll at a Division 1 school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom