September Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

September Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
As of September 5, the following top-100 prospects remain uncommitted:
- #1 Azzi Fudd
- #29 Kyndall Hunter - Top 10: Arizona, Arizona State, Florida State, LSU, NC State, Mississippi State, Rice, Southern Cal, Texas, and Texas A&M.
- #31 Jillian Hollingshead - Will likely not announce her decision until the spring.
- #70 Kierra Sanderlin
- #79 Ashanti Barnes
- #91 Denim DeShields - Holds offers from Delaware State, College of Charleston, Kennesaw State, Morgan State, and Northwestern State.
- #94 LaShae Dwyer

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As of September 1, the following top-100 prospects remain uncommitted:
- #1 Azzi Fudd
- #14 Rayah Marshall - Will announce her decision on September 5th between Cal, Oregon, and USC.
- #19 Damiya Hagemann - Will announce her decision soon between Michigan State, Louisville, Clemson, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Florida State, and Kentucky.
- #29 Kyndall Hunter - Top 10: Arizona, Arizona State, Florida State, LSU, NC State, Mississippi State, Rice, Southern Cal, Texas, and Texas A&M.
- #31 Jillian Hollingshead - Will likely not announce her decision until the spring.
- #70 Kierra Sanderlin
- #79 Ashanti Barnes
- #91 Denim DeShields - Holds offers from Delaware State, College of Charleston, Kennesaw State, Morgan State, and Northwestern State.
- #94 LaShae Dwyer
Is Denim DeShields related to Diamond?

Reaction Score
Denim instead of Diamond? Talk about spinning the Wheel of Name Fortune and landing on BANKRUPT. I'd want a new spin at the name wheel if I were her.
If you were her? I heard she loves her name so, if you were her you would do as she does. Now since you are you, you’re are critical of HER name. Stop it. Lol

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If you were her? I heard she loves her name so, if you were her you would do as she does. Now since you are you, you’re are critical of HER name. Stop it. Lol

You might say she grew into it. ;)

Reaction Score
#33 O’Mariah Gordon is off the board the Florida State. She is one of two top PGs who will announce their decision today - the second will be Damiya Hagemann.

giphy.gif

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Recruiting is only half the battle, but schools like USC and Cal are doing a really nice job lately. The Pac ain't gonna get any easier any time soon. The teams on top look to be staying in good shape, but some from the lower half are trying to move up.

Reaction Score
Recruiting is only half the battle, but schools like USC and Cal are doing a really nice job lately. The Pac ain't gonna get any easier any time soon. The teams on top look to be staying in good shape, but some from the lower half are trying to move up.

UCLA has been having trouble recruiting and just lost all three of the top 2021 Cali players, two to USC, one to Stanford. To lose a player to Stanford is understandable, but losing the other two to USC is not. 2020 had three international players, all unranked and the Australian Center is thought to be staying in Australia because of the pandemic. 2021 has a five star NJ guard but the next few seasons, whenever they will be played, will be interesting in the Pac.

Reaction Score
Damiya Hagemann has committed to Michigan State.
This is great news for the real MSU. Michigan has been winning the recruiting battle against MSU the last couple of seasons. Good to see MSU fight back big time. I like their 2021 class with PG Hagemann, followed by Brooklyn Rewers (6'5" center) via Duke, Lauren Walker (6'2" wing) via Duke, and Canadian center Isaline Alexander (6'3").

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UCLA has been having trouble recruiting and just lost all three of the top 2021 Cali players, two to USC, one to Stanford. To lose a player to Stanford is understandable, but losing the other two to USC is not.

So what's up with that? UCLA has been the better program than USC, by a wide margin, for a long time. Several recent UCLA alums in the WNBA, USC...anyone other than Gemelos? Why would recruits suddenly be preferring USC to UCLA?

Reaction Score
So what's up with that? UCLA has been the better program than USC, by a wide margin, for a long time. Several recent UCLA alums in the WNBA, USC...anyone other than Gemelos? Why would recruits suddenly be preferring USC to UCLA?

A nicer lady than Cori Close you'll never meet. But many basketball people (outside of UCLA fans, that is) question her coaching. I think some people thought she underachieved with her #1 class several years back although she's been the best and most consistent UCLA wbb coach since Moore. UCLA has historically had superb classes but when you have one of the worst coaches in the entire nation (Kathy Olivier), good things will be tough to come by.

As for picking USC over UCLA, Trakh is very well liked and respected in the local basketball community and academically, it has been picking up well. But in the end, I agree that USC over UCLA in wbb is a head scratcher.

Reaction Score
UCLA has been having trouble recruiting and just lost all three of the top 2021 Cali players, two to USC, one to Stanford. To lose a player to Stanford is understandable, but losing the other two to USC is not. 2020 had three international players, all unranked and the Australian Center is thought to be staying in Australia because of the pandemic. 2021 has a five star NJ guard but the next few seasons, whenever they will be played, will be interesting in the Pac.
I do not understand somebody questioning Cori’s coaching when she wins. Also, I do not think her talent level justifies her record last year. If her coaching acumen is been questioned in coaching circles it is wholy subjective and not based on facts. Should recruits not consider winning record of program as a judge of coaching?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom