Sent an email to Arne Duncan and CC'd Richard Blumenthal. Thoughts? | The Boneyard

Sent an email to Arne Duncan and CC'd Richard Blumenthal. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To the honorable Mr. Duncan and Mr. Blumenthal,
You may or may not be aware of the recent rulings by the NCAA regarding the UNC basketball scandal. If you are not aware, there is some information here: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8275928/north-carolina-tar-heels-attempting-move-academic-scandal
Mr. Duncan, as someone that has made it clear that your main priority for student-athletes is their academics, can you feel sympathetic to the Uconn fans who see this as an injustice to their team? While the Uconn basketball team has to sit out of the post season because they under performed on the APR, at least the classes they took were legitimate. For them to have to watch a team that created false grades in order to bypass the APR and get cleared of all wrongdoing is simply wrong. While hypocrisy may be the wrong word to describe this, it certainly feels like it is hypocrisy at worst and a perversion of justice at best.
I do not hope for anything from this e-mail other than to ask yourself if this seems fair to you. Please do whatever you can to prevent this from being the precedent. The APR is far from perfect and it needs to evolve in the face of programs that would try to circumvent it.
Thank you so much for your time,
David *****
Blocked out my last name just because. What do you guys think? I know it is somewhat tame considering the anger I feel about the whole situation, but I wanted to remain respectful to all parties involved.

Reaction Score
Also, I promise the format was better in the email :)

Reaction Score
David, what a wonderful letter. I support your initiative. But I feel the timing is too ear;y. I propose that we go on a mass concerted action a few weeks before March Madness. The reason being that UCONN is projected to win less than 50% of its regular season games, which means even if it weren't banned, it could not go in. So me must put tremendous pressure, just like you are campaigning for, for a reversal only if we are absolutely certain the Huskies would qualify. Otherwise, it would be utterly meaningless. Around late February, we should know if UCONN may contend for a berth in the NCAA. then we, led by you hopefully, will have all our guns firing at corrupt Emmert and these cowardly politicians.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
David, what a wonderful letter. I support your initiative. But I feel the timing is too ear;y. I propose that we go on a mass concerted action a few weeks before March Madness. The reason being that UCONN is projected to win less than 50% of its regular season games, which means even if it weren't banned, it could not go in. So me must put tremendous pressure, just like you are campaigning for, for a reversal only if we are absolutely certain the Huskies would qualify. Otherwise, it would be utterly meaningless. Around late February, we should know if UCONN may contend for a berth in the NCAA. then we, led by you hopefully, will have all our guns firing at corrupt Emmert and these cowardly politicians.
regardless of they can make it or not, its complete bullshilt... either unc gets punished or we and the other schools get off the hook...its not early its perfect keep it up the whole season

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Emmert we told you to stop posting here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I liked it. I hate that we as a fanbase concede that there were academic issues with the University that year. We had transfer and early departure issues but nothing our of the norm for academics.

I also think that we need to hit, every single time, that if the NCAA used current figures, we qualify.

This is really about our winning a national championship down two scholarships. We are being punished twice for the same time period. That, coupled with the hypocracy of the UNC debacle, is what will resonate with the public. We are a fairness oriented society, right now UConn is being protrayed as not being fair. We need to educate people that it is actually the NCAA who isn't playing by the rules.

H

Husk-E

I like how an inconsiderate like Emmert can make 0ver $600,000 a year off of scamming programs that he doesn't like and helping the ones he does out a little bit. That's very nice.

Reaction Score
I like how an inconsiderate like Emmert can make 0ver $600,000 a year off of scamming programs that he doesn't like and helping the ones he does out a little bit. That's very nice.
Emmert made well over $1 million this past year.

Reaction Score

Double that number and you're pretty close to his actual salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom