OT: - Sent a title for a school bus I didn't buy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Sent a title for a school bus I didn't buy

Reaction Score
The bus came by and I got on. That's where it all began.

Yup. That's how it all starts on the BY.

And then when it comes to recruiting and KO.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
I need an update on the situation 429!

Spent half the day on the phone. It was miserable.

I talked with a couple people at the DMV and the company the bus was bought from. Both of their records indicate somebody else bought and paid for the bus... bill of sale, etc. but my name got printed on the title for whatever reason. DMV basically just said sometimes weird ish happens when you buy a vehicle in another state and it gets registered here.

Prepared for any identity theft stuff, just in case. Contacted bank and credit cards in writing and phone. Called PD and let them know so they filed a report too.

I'm still down with a boneyard bus fundraiser for road trips. Charleston maybe?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

I talked with a couple people at the DMV and the company the bus was bought from. Both of their records indicate somebody else bought and paid for the bus... bill of sale, etc. but my name got printed on the title for whatever reason. DMV basically just said sometimes weird ish happens when you buy a vehicle in another state and it gets registered here.

Prepared for any identity theft stuff, just in case. Contacted bank and credit cards in writing and phone. Called PD and let them know so they filed a report too.

So do you own the bus or na?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

1. Freeze your credit (you should probably do that anyway)

2. Insure your bus.

3. Report your bus stolen. You have the make, model and vin# on the title.

4. Wait for the police to recover your bus. Or, if they fail, collect on your insurance policy.

Look. You are the victim here!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Only if it has pontoons.

Reaction Score
Classic case of money laundering. Bus dealer has the dirty cash. Crook has a salable physical asset. Easy to forge a bogus title. Likely, third world-bound.

Reaction Score

You could call it the Bone Bus. That’ll get some attention

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No doubt it was purchased for the Nigerian Prince's "Coming to America" tour.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom