3. Baylor -- Wallace, D Cohen
  4. Louisville -- Hines-Allen
  5. N Dame -- Lili Thompson, Westbeld, Nelson
  6. Oregon -- Bando
  7. Texas -- McCarty, Atkins, Caron-Goudreau
  8. So Carolina -- Wilson, Spann
  9. UCLA -- Canada, Hayes, Billings
  10. Oregon St -- Gulich
  11. Fla St -- AJ Alix, Shakayla Thomas, Chartrice White, Imani Wright, Ama Degbeon (all starters)
  12. Tenn -- Nared, Russell, Dunbar
  13. Ohio St -- Mitchell, Mavunga, Harper, Doss, Hart
  14. Mizzou -- Frericks
  15. Tx A&M -- Hillsman, Lumpkin, McKinney
  16. Stanford -- McPhee, K Johnson
Big losses for Miss St, Texas, So Carolina, UCLA, Fla St, Tenn, Ohio St, Stanford

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thanks for compiling these.

My GDI ranking (Graduation Decimation Index) of the 5 teams most devastated by graduation after this year:
  1. Ohio State. Will they even have enough bodies to field a team next year?
  2. Florida State. Pretty tough to lose all five starters.
  3. UCLA. Canada and Billings have carried this team for what seems like forever.
  4. South Carolina. Is any team more dependent on a single player than SC?
  5. Mississippi State. Four quality seniors, including an All-American.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Koko Nelson from ND is a 5th yr senior this year. Mychal Johnson, while a Senior is undetermined if she is coming back for a 5th year.

Reaction Score
Koko Nelson from ND is a 5th yr senior this year. Mychal Johnson, while a Senior is undetermined if she is coming back for a 5th year.

Thanks. Missed Nelson. I assumed Mychal would redshirt.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
1) You missed Duke, which loses Lexie Brown, Rebecca Greenwell, Erin Mathias, and Bego Faz Davalos.

2) The fact that you missed Duke shows how far off the WBB national radar Duke has fallen in recent years.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I would guess Georgia. TN has the talent but.....
I think there will be no clear favorite next year. Certainly, Missouri and Georgia seem to be the teams that lose the least.
I have a feeling Mississippi State will still contend, with a rapidly improving McCowan and some other promising pieces coming back.
South Carolina should also be in the mix, as they get some injured players and transfers who will become available.

Reaction Score
With significant losses at Miss St, So Car, Tenn, who becomes SEC favorite next year?

Mizzou?

Losing Wilson will hurt for sure. SC will certainly have better guard play and depth next year with Harris, Jackson, Cuevas-Moore, Cooper, and Henderson.

The big question mark would be the Wing/Forward positions. SC will need vast improvement from Ladazhia Williams to play along side Grissett, Herbert Harrigan and Jennings. Saxon has a lot of potential but she'll be behind those 4.

Clingy must be the glue player. She doesn't shoot it well but she always the first player in the gym and the last to leave. She doesn't need to score a ton just needs to play solid. Bianca Jackson has a ton of potential. She will be much improved next year. Overall I think we will be solid.

Reaction Score
1) You missed Duke, which loses Lexie Brown, Rebecca Greenwell, Erin Mathias, and Bego Faz Davalos.

2) The fact that you missed Duke shows how far off the WBB national radar Duke has fallen in recent years.
We miss you guys. What's with the administration down there? Don't they prioritize WBB at all anymore? It's so clear what (who) the problem is. Plenty of resources, great school, great academic draw, and the blue chippers keep signing up to play there. Get Shea Ralph (or SOMEBODY) in there who can keep these great athletes there for 4 years and coach them to win, and you're back in business in a year or so.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
We miss you guys. What's with the administration down there? Don't they prioritize WBB at all anymore? It's so clear what (who) the problem is. Plenty of resources, great school, great academic draw, and the blue chippers keep signing up to play there. Get Shea Ralph (or SOMEBODY) in there who can keep these great athletes there for 4 years and coach them to win, and you're back in business in a year or so.
At the risk of irritating Triad, I dare say JPM has a .794 winning percentage and is holding the program in the top 20. Heck, even her predecessor Gail G only had a .800 winning percentage at Duke and then failed miserably in Texas. This is not quite the same as Tennessee but both programs would be hard pressed to fire either. Lest we forget, Gail was there’s for 15 years and prior to her Duke stewardship, they were mediocre at best. The ACC is simply a different league now with 15 teams than back when Gail was there. Lastly, I offer that ALL programs suffer when an iconic coach leaves and their faithful demand that same prior success however unlikely it is to be retained. No need to look farther than the UConn Men’s board to see how it is...JPM is far better than Ollie could ever hope to be as is Holly. Be careful what you wish for...:(

Reaction Score

My GDI ranking (Graduation Decimation Index) of the 5 teams most devastated by graduation after this year:
  3. UCLA. Canada and Billings have carried this team for what seems like forever.

On the flip side:
  1. Oregon
  2. Mizzou
  3. Notre Dame
  4. Baylor?
  5. Oregon St?

Reaction Score
  • Maryland -- Iesha Small, Confroy
  • Georgia -- Engram, Clark, Costa
  • Duke -- LexieBrown, Greenwell, Mathias, Faz Davalos.
  • USF -- Jesperson, Flores
  • NC St -- Nelson, Maize

Reaction Score

Yikes, I just looked at the roster next year.

5 returnees with most minutes: Gorecki (Jr), Odom (Jr), Boykin (So), Williams (So), Suggs (Sr) - not exactly murderers row
Lambert was injured? So maybe she'll start.
Then there's Adams (So), Treece (So), Roma (Sr), Schubert who got marginal minutes
And of the 3 incoming frosh, none are top 50 by ProspectsNation

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think for Tennessee. One thing is the guard position should be a strength. With Westbrook, Hayes, Jackson, Green, and Massingill. Also Davis will be probably the leading scorer.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
With significant losses at Miss St, So Car, Tenn, who becomes SEC favorite next year?

Mizzou?
I would think so. Not sure what LSU loses, but they played tough the 2nd half of the year playing almost all the top teams in the SEC tough.

I'd be curious to hear from our Tenn, SC, or Mizzou fans (I think we have at least 1 Missou fan on the board) what they think. The SEC regular season final standings looked thus:
upload_2018-3-7_18-15-14.png

IMHO Miss State takes a huge drop. Probably to around the middle of the pack of the SEC next year. No matter what SC fans say, losing Wilson will drop them down in the league ... BUT IMHO, their "other" players are better than I thought and they do add Cooper next season and a couple of pretty good freshmen. And given how much everyone else is losing, how much do they really drop?

Georgia does lose 2 starters and one was their leading scorer. Not sure about aTm or LSU. Any other team poised for a big jump?

Tennessee I love talking about cuz some of their fans are delirious if the don't think losing Russell and Nared is going to have a huge impact. Their top 2 scorers, and really there is no one to "replace" them. Davis is not big enough to really play center (at least I don't think she is), and Kushkutuah has been no great shakes this year. Not sure next year's freshman Collins is any better. Greene is supposed to be decent, and Tenn has certainly shown they can rely on freshmen.

Starters of Davis, Hayes, Westbrook, Jackson and then who?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
For Texas, aren't the Caron-Goudreaus twins? This season, one has dark hair, the other blonde...

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I would think so. Not sure what LSU loses, but they played tough the 2nd half of the year playing almost all the top teams in the SEC tough.

I'd be curious to hear from our Tenn, SC, or Mizzou fans (I think we have at least 1 Missou fan on the board) what they think. The SEC regular season final standings looked thus:
View attachment 29202

IMHO Miss State takes a huge drop. Probably to around the middle of the pack of the SEC next year. No matter what SC fans say, losing Wilson will drop them down in the league ... BUT IMHO, their "other" players are better than I thought and they do add Cooper next season and a couple of pretty good freshmen. And given how much everyone else is losing, how much do they really drop?

Georgia does lose 2 starters and one was their leading scorer. Not sure about aTm or LSU. Any other team poised for a big jump?

Tennessee I love talking about cuz some of their fans are delirious if the don't think losing Russell and Nared is going to have a huge impact. Their top 2 scorers, and really there is no one to "replace" them. Davis is not big enough to really play center (at least I don't think she is), and Kushkutuah has been no great shakes this year. Not sure next year's freshman Collins is any better. Greene is supposed to be decent, and Tenn has certainly shown they can rely on freshmen.

Starters of Davis, Hayes, Westbrook, Jackson and then who?
I'll say KK and C Green.

Reaction Score
I think for Tennessee. One thing is the guard position should be a strength. With Westbrook, Hayes, Jackson, Green, and Massingill. Also Davis will be probably the leading scorer.

Not if they have negative A:TO ratio. Westbrook has 134 assists and 115 turnovers and Hayes has 101 assist and 111 turnovers will not get it done next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Wow! Florida State loses a ton!! Ohio State loses a lot of talent and a big-time scorer. UCLA loses the #1 recruiting class. How will South Carolina fare without Wilson--top 10, top 20? Mississippi State loses a lot in William and Vivians. Do any of these have the equivalent of Williams and Nelson-Ododa coming in? I doubt it.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Not if they have negative A:TO ratio. Westbrook has 134 assists and 115 turnovers and Hayes has 101 assist and 111 turnovers will not get it done next year.
A couple of things 1 they both will be better as sophomores. 2 they will have more help off the bench. There are more guards next year.

Reaction Score
A couple of things 1 they both will be better as sophomores. 2 they will have more help off the bench. There are more guards next year.

Let's hope so I for one think that westbrook isn't a PG and should move off the ball and Hayes must also learn pace because that one speed will lead to more TOs next year. They both seem to lack the fundamentals to be "pure point guards ". I expect Rennia Davis to be solid though.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
TAMU could surge to the top next season. They do lose Jasmine Lumpkin and K Hilsman but get McDonald’s AA transfers in 6-4 Cierra Johnson (Louisville) and Aaliyah Wilson, 5-11 G from Arkansas.

Chennedy Carter will improve over the summer and Dani Williams and Anriel Howard return for their senior campaign.

Blair also has some good freshman with Chennedy that will improve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom