Senior night | The Boneyard

Senior night

Reaction Score
Does anyone know when it is? Is it the Providence game?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Seeing how the Senior Day game is going to be televised on CBSSN, will SNY be there to record the senior festivities and possibly have them posted on YouTube?

Reaction Score
Seeing how the Senior Day game is going to be televised on CBSSN, will SNY be there to record the senior festivities and possibly have them posted on YouTube?
Don't think SNY can. I think CBS intentionally puts in for senior day just to screw us on the coverage, so if past years are anything to go by they'll have a men's game that naturally runs 10 minutes late right before our game, and we'll get clips of senior day during the halftime show as they come in and out of commercial breaks. Hopefully someone in attendance captures it and posts it online.

Reaction Score
Or is UConn doing it to insure a huge crowd for the ceremony?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Or is UConn doing it to insure a huge crowd for the ceremony?
I don't think that UConn has much of a say about which broadcast networks televise their games. I am guessing that is up to the contracts that the BE and opponents (when they are playing at home or a neutral site). And, of course, SNY has a contract to pick up all games not being televised nationally and may even have a minimum number of games that they will televise.
Or, I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Fox gets first crack to broadcast games. Then CBS. Then SNY usually picks up whatever is left. My guess is CBS picks up senior day games because they think they will maximize viewership despite not having coverage of the event the way SNY does. SNY puts in the effort to cater to fans; CBS caters to its accountants.

Reaction Score
Tradition was that all the seniors were out on the court for a few minutes before a timeout to put the regular starting 5 out there.
Since there are only 4 seniors (and Dorka is technically not graduating) who will go out on the floor with them?
HMMM! wonder what Crystal Dangerfield and Pheesa are up to that night?

Reaction Score
Fox gets first crack to broadcast games. Then CBS. Then SNY usually picks up whatever is left. My guess is CBS picks up senior day games because they think they will maximize viewership despite not having coverage of the event the way SNY does. SNY puts in the effort to cater to fans; CBS caters to its accountants.
So why is it that the SNY games are no longer archived on uconnhuskygames? This will be the first time in years that we won't be able to enjoy most of this season's games in the off-season.

Reaction Score
Tradition was that all the seniors were out on the court for a few minutes before a timeout to put the regular starting 5 out there.
Since there are only 4 seniors (and Dorka is technically not graduating) who will go out on the floor with them?
I'd guess Nika, Azzi, CW, Evina, and ONO start the game. If Dorka decides to leave after this season and participates in the ceremony, then she starts in Azzi's place.

Reaction Score
Has Dorka officially decided to stay?

sun

Reaction Score
In case Dorka's family can't make it to senior night.....

dorka-juhasz-juhasz-family.gif

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So why is it that the SNY games are no longer archived on uconnhuskygames? This will be the first time in years that we won't be able to enjoy most of this season's games in the off-season.
Copyright issues.

Reaction Score
Don't think SNY can. I think CBS intentionally puts in for senior day just to screw us on the coverage, so if past years are anything to go by they'll have a men's game that naturally runs 10 minutes late right before our game, and we'll get clips of senior day during the halftime show as they come in and out of commercial breaks. Hopefully someone in attendance captures it and posts it online.
only egaming before the game so unless there's Overtime in Fortnite you should be good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom