Senior Night Festivities [MERGED THREAD] | The Boneyard

Senior Night Festivities [MERGED THREAD]

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Seeing that the game is being broadcast on ESPN2, will the Senior Night Festivities be recorded by SNY or will those not attending the game miss out?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Seeing that the game is being broadcast on ESPN2, will the Senior Night Festivities be recorded by SNY or will those not attending the game miss out?
Oh good, Centerstream, I'm pleased you've joined me on bended knees, praying someone posts a complete video of the Senior Night festivities.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping it ends up on YouTube somewhere. Doubt ESPN2 is going to carve out the 10-15 minutes in the schedule the way SNY would. We'll get to see clips like at half time where they would typically have a minute or two of some prerecorded player interview or as they come back for commercial break.

Reaction Score
Why would you cry? Everyone has to graduate some time. I mean it's not like they're dying, they're just going to play for a different team.

Reaction Score
SNY usually attends and posts the festivities as part of a Geno show or a Huskies All Access. Sure they won't let us down.
We'll have to see about that. In years past they haven't been able to do much because whoever broadcasts the game owns the rights to all of it. Media rights are tricky even for SNY to get access when it's not their game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It's probably better if I miss out on the ceremony. I'm sure I will be crying my eyes out. The last time I felt so sad about any of our seniors graduating was for Kelly Faris.
I'm ambivalent. Part of me will be all in a puddle, part of me will be cheering while wanting to hug then close, whispering all the best in their ears.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hey, it's his party, and he'll cry , if he wants to. You would cry to, if it happened to you.
...and a collective groan goes out over BoneYard Nation as Wire Chief sucks us into his world...at least I got the Chumbawumba Tubthumping song out of my head with this but still Leslie Gore, now I have to go to youtube...thanks...

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
It's probably better if I miss out on the ceremony. I'm sure I will be crying my eyes out. The last time I felt so sad about any of our seniors graduating was for Kelly Faris.
Playing that darn "I Will Remember You" doesn't help stem the tears. Next to the "Championship hug," and, oh boy, I hope Gabby and Kia get pulled off the court April 1 for that, Senior Night is my next favorite moment. Sure, cutting down the nets, hoisting the trophy and unveiling the championship banner are fulfilling but they don't pack the emotional wallop of the other two events.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
...and a collective groan goes out over BoneYard Nation as Wire Chief sucks us into his world...at least I got the Chumbawumba Tubthumping song out of my head with this but still Leslie Gore, now I have to go to youtube...thanks...
Centerstream bailed you out in a a post just ahead of yours.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Why would you cry? Everyone has to graduate some time. I mean it's not like they're dying, they're just going to play for a different team.

Totally agree. Happy occasion. Kia and Gabby maximized their time, skills and opportunities and are well prepared for the next level. :D

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It's remembering what they have done...the pleasures they have brought to the fans;
the hustle, determination, and dedication they have shown.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think there should be a rule, a law, a tradition that UConn will always have a Canadian Husky. You know, here let Bill explain it:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Just saw that UConn is going to do a facebook live stream of the senior night ceremonies.
So for we technology challenged folks is it as simple as visiting the UConn women's basketball site on Facebook and just watching?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom