Senior Night/Day | The Boneyard

Senior Night/Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Does anyone else miss how all senior players, even if they were end-of-the-bench guys used to get to start and play a minute or so on senior night? I think the last time it happened was in 1995 with Boo Willingham. If I remember correctly, he played 1:19 then was returned to the bench. I would've really liked to have seen Donnell Beverly get to start on his senior night as he was a really selfless guy and ultimate team player. Hopefully KO reinstates that old tradition.

Reaction Score
Being down 8-0 to Louisville after 1 minute because Ace Watanarsup couldn't get the ball over half court doesn't beg for me to have KO bring this back joober!!:eek:

Reaction Score
I do think it would be nice for TO and NG to start and be allowed to play the first few minutes with their bling. Be nice boost for the team with the Tourneys about to start.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Being down 8-0 to Louisville after 1 minute because Ace Watanarsup couldn't get the ball over half court doesn't beg for me to have KO bring this back joober!!:eek:
Unless Ace is the enforcer, goes for a blocked shot and lands on RS shoulder to prevent him being effective the remainder of the game!

Reaction Score
Does anyone else miss how all senior players, even if they were end-of-the-bench guys used to get to start and play a minute or so on senior night? I think the last time it happened was in 1995 with Boo Willingham. If I remember correctly, he played 1:19 then was returned to the bench. I would've really liked to have seen Donnell Beverly get to start on his senior night as he was a really selfless guy and ultimate team player. Hopefully KO reinstates that old tradition.
Do you remember what Donnell Beverly did on senior day?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Even with the dropped pass, he's still one of my favorite UConn players of all time. He had a huge role off the court in keeping the team together in 2011 and stayed a Husky when he could've easily ducked out and been a more prominent player somewhere else.

Reaction Score
I think RJ started last year? If he did it was because he was one of 5 players healthy enough to start though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom