Senior night, 34 years ago (dream season) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Senior night, 34 years ago (dream season)

Reaction Score
Just a snippet is all I could find.
I used it use quite a lot when I coached. If it was run against me I would put 2 players in each deep corner on our offensive end and then have my 2 guards reverse ball in backcourt , act like was going to go into sideline trap, and then throw it deep cross court after looking off the back man. Worked when I had a guard who was a pitcher lol, and when defensive back man wasnt athletic freak or have Nadav iq. Get a couple layups and they d pull it off. Not sure if thatd work as well to break it at high college level though

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How much did Coach Calhoun yell at Cyrulik that night and was Cyrulik’s mom & dad there? I had hear a rumor that was one of the reasons the parents seats were moved to the other side of the floor.
Players parents actually complained to John Toner who apologetically asked Calhoun if he could do something about it. Calhoun said "sure no problem" and then moved the players parents seats to the other side of the arena.

Reaction Score
I used it use quite a lot when I coached. If it was run against me I would put 2 players in each deep corner on our offensive end and then have my 2 guards reverse ball in backcourt , act like was going to go into sideline trap, and then throw it deep cross court after looking off the back man. Worked when I had a guard who was a pitcher lol, and when defensive back man wasnt athletic freak or have Nadav iq. Get a couple layups and they d pull it off. Not sure if thatd work as well to break it at high college level though

Generally speaking, you want to match a zone with the opposite of odd/even. Not quite sure how to phrase that for it to makes sense. 2 at the top of a 2-2-1? You want 3 in the back-court. 1-2-1-1 press? You want 2 in the back-court.

The real secret to beating a 2-2-1 is good fundamentals and finding the middle of the floor, turning and chucking it into the front court to cutters. 2-2-1 is all about using the sideline for traps and TOs. Rotations and coverages in the middle of the floor are much tougher. That's why if we ever saw a 2-2-2-1 I'm sure we'd be throwing our tallest passers (Castle or Karaban) in the middle of the floor to hit ahead.

Reaction Score
No one taught a 2-2-1 press better than Calhoun. I had a video of it on VHS and learned it from the GOAT himself when I first started coaching AAU. Such a difficult zone to run well, but absolutely stifling while having layers of safety nets when running it well.
Ever hear of john wooden

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom