OT: - Senior Moment, am I alone? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Senior Moment, am I alone?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Senior Moment, am I alone?​

How would I know? Look around and see if you see anyone else. If not, you’re probably alone.

You’re welcome.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I too do it, and I only became a senior officially last year.

A significant amount of stuff has a place, so I can usually find it. Some of the rest - I can look around and overlook it for way too long.

I haven't been wrapping, I only wrapped for my wife, badly, and we haven't been exchanging. A couple of years before that, she stopped (mostly) wrapping anyhow, although she actually enjoys it, it just was overwhelming for her as part of her general illness.

The things I lose most - the scissors and the flashlight.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The OP reminded me of this letter, read on Car Talk about 20 years ago:

I decide to wash the car; I start toward the garage and notice the mail on the table. OK, I'm going to wash the car, but first I'm going to go through the mail. I lay the car keys down on the desk, discard the junk mail and I notice the trash can is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on my desk and take the trash can out, but since I'm going to be near the mailbox anyway, I'll pay these few bills first. Now, where is my check book? OOPS, there's only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk. Oh, there's the coke I was drinking. I'm going to look for those checks. But first I need to put my coke further away from the computer, or maybe I'll pop it into the fridge to keep it cold for a while. I head towards the kitchen and my flowers catch my eye; they need some water. I set the coke on the counter and ooh, oh! There are my glasses. I was looking for them all morning! I'd better put them away first. I fill the container with water and head for the flower pots —aaaaagh! Someone left theTV remote in the kitchen. We will never think to look in the kitchen tonight when we want to watch television so I'd better put it back in the family room where it belongs. I splash some water into the pots and onto the floor. I throw the remote onto a soft cushion on the sofa and I head backdown the hall trying to figure out what it was I was going to do.

END OF DAY:The car isn't washed, the bills are unpaid, the coke is sitting on the kitchen counter, the flowers are half watered, the check book still only has one check in it and I can't seem to find my car keys! When I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY LONG!!!

Reaction Score
I'm a little embarrassed about this, but what the heck. I have three sons, three daughters-in-law, and 5 grandsons. My wife makes me wrap all the presents, which is really alot since she always goes overboard. Well anyway, one morning I asked her where my scissors with the orange handle was. She said she didn't know, but as always, she probably used them and left them somewhere. Fast forward to Christmas day at my son's house, and while opening presents my son at the far side of the room asked me if I intentionally wrapped something, and he was holding up a pair of scissors with orange handles. What, are you kidding me, how could I wrap scissors in a present for my grandson? OMG, the thing that popped into my mind was the old senile aunt of Clark Griswold's wife wrapping up her cat in "Christmas Vacation". I thought I was really losing it, so that's what a few days of not watching the Huskies can do to a person. Needless to say, the subject was dropped, but in the future, my sons will probably bring it up to bust my stones. LOL, Merry Christmas to my Boneyard friends, and all UConn fans around the country. Go Huskies.
Ya gotta find some way to turn that scissor deal in your favor next Christmas !

Reaction Score
I'm a little embarrassed about this, but what the heck. I have three sons, three daughters-in-law, and 5 grandsons. My wife makes me wrap all the presents, which is really alot since she always goes overboard. Well anyway, one morning I asked her where my scissors with the orange handle was. She said she didn't know, but as always, she probably used them and left them somewhere. Fast forward to Christmas day at my son's house, and while opening presents my son at the far side of the room asked me if I intentionally wrapped something, and he was holding up a pair of scissors with orange handles. What, are you kidding me, how could I wrap scissors in a present for my grandson? OMG, the thing that popped into my mind was the old senile aunt of Clark Griswold's wife wrapping up her cat in "Christmas Vacation". I thought I was really losing it, so that's what a few days of not watching the Huskies can do to a person. Needless to say, the subject was dropped, but in the future, my sons will probably bring it up to bust my stones. LOL, Merry Christmas to my Boneyard friends, and all UConn fans around the country. Go Huskies.
Thanks for a good laugh. You’re in good company

Reaction Score
Thanks for a good laugh. You’re in good company
Vida just remembered that an old friend several years ago left them opened on the couch sat on them and the hapless gent went to the ER for stitches on an unforgettable night
Have a great new year

Reaction Score
My fault is my glasses. Several times I have looked for my glasses, checked my pockets and around my desk and looked by the TV. Not found. Then I suddenly touch my head and there are my glasses. It totally blows my mind. Is this Dementia. I really feel embarrassed when that happend. I live alone so I'm glad no-one sees it but me. I'm the guy that;s 89, GO HUSKIES!!! I also have a full head of hair which is why I don't feel my glasses.

Reaction Score
I occasionally lose things around the house; but they usually turn up sooner or later. My record time for eventually recovering an item was about a year and a half. i was using my 3+1/2 foot long level somewhere around the house. About 6 months later I went to get it; but couldn’t find it. I looked everywhere. Every few months I would search anew without success. I finally bought a new one and life went on. Then one day I climbed up on the roof to clean my gutters and there it was covered in muck sitting inside my gutter! On the bright side I now have a spare level.

Reaction Score
If it makes you feel any better, we are still looking for an adjustable wrench that got lost the last time we installed a dishwasher. We even took the dishwasher out to make sure that they didn’t get left underneath it. No such luck!
Don’t give up hope. Dishwashers have been known to hide tools. While installing mine, it stole my flashlight. A search of the kitchen and dishwasher area turned up nothing. A couple of weeks later I put on an old coat and reached into a pocket and there was the flashlight! Apparently when I went out to the garage to get another wrench, I had grabbed an old jacked and stuffed the light into a pocket. Luckily I had turned the light off.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'm so glad other people do stuff like this, I don't feel so dumb now! :)
I have a certain degree of confusion over this. I am not sure if it is better to feel you are dumb, or to be convinced that everyone is! :confused:;) Both concepts are uniquely unsettling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom