Senior Day | The Boneyard

Senior Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The scholarship seniors listed in the gameday release were Mike Ryan, Gary Bardzak, Moe Petrus, Kashif Moore, Isaih Moore, JJL, Dave Teggart, Kendall Reyes, Twyon Martin, Gary Wilburn, Kijuan Dabney and Harris Agbor. Marcus Campbell was not listed, presumably because he is no longer on the team. Hinckley was also listed.

In past years, we have honored redshirt juniors who don't intend to come back. There was no indication in the release that we would be doing so this year. FWIW, the following is my list of scholarship players (meaning they came in that way) who have been here 4 years but have a fifth year of eligibility left: Jimmy Bennett, Adam Masters, Michael Smith, DJ Shoemate, all three TEs (Griffin, Moore and Delahunt), Ted Jennings, Wirth, Gratz, Junior, Blidi, Sio, Jory Johnson and Jerome Williams.

Per Boneyard policy, people should not be posting about which of the redshirt juniors are likely or unlikely to come back for a 5th year. But if you want to speculate on your own time, there is the list.

Reaction Score
There's a Boneyard Policy? And it precludes speculation?

Reaction Score
For years, the moderators have requested that posters not speculate on players transferring out or leaving early. I have no issue honoring that request.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the memo on the commentary. I had no idea.

Thursday is thanksgiving, and I'm thankful among, many many things to be thankful for, that the seniors on this squad get another shot at going out on a high note compared to what we did on the field last week.

They're capable of so much more than we saw. just go out and be aggressive, fast, angry and with attitude, and play the game they way they've been taught. Once you cross the lines and come off, for many, that's it. It's an emotional game, and you have play it with emotion.

I'm looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
fb Mark Hinkley is the only minor surprise, as he did have a 5th year if he or the school wanted it... Rest assured there will be others leaving, as scholarships are needed for the new recruits, that total more than the 13 declared players graduating..

Reaction Score
fb Mark Hinkley is the only minor surprise, as he did have a 5th year if he or the school wanted it... Rest assured there will be others leaving, as scholarships are needed for the new recruits, that total more than the 13 declared players graduating..

yes but you also lost Kinnard, Shepherd, and Box.

Reaction Score
Cryjeremiah, you forgot Generett. Those scholarship slots have basically been used up by the players that have transferred in (Donohue, Phillips and Mateas)…
BussLaw could confirm, but I have 13 seniors leaving and 2 open scholarships, thus 15 scholarships available if everyone remained on the team...

Reaction Score
If you make the following assumptions:

1. That we're not committed to give schollies to anyone who didn't come in with a schollie (i.e., McEntee;

2. Counting the transfers on the roster (Donohue, Phillips and Mateas) but assuming Maher was a walk-on transfer; and

3. That everyone not listed above as being honored Saturday comes back:

My count is 67 returning scholarship players, or room for 18 more. Obviously, there will be attrition as well, and my guess is more than normal as some will decide they just aren't in the new staff's plans and move on.

Reaction Score
BussLaw, hate to differ, but to harken back to Coach P’s comments in the summer, that walk-ons who start will most likely be put on scholarship, then that would assume – Johnny McEntee and Adam Mueller, and the graduating Mark Hinkley for that matter. In addition, have you made the adjustment that Cole Wagner has been on scholly?? Either way our numbers are close…

Reaction Score
BussLaw, hate to differ, but to harken back to Coach P’s comments in the summer, that walk-ons who start will most likely be put on scholarship, then that would assume – Johnny McEntee and Adam Mueller, and the graduating Mark Hinkley for that matter. In addition, have you made the adjustment that Cole Wagner has been on scholly?? Either way our numbers are close…

Hate to differ? You're not differing with me. I'm not predicting that none of our walk ons will have schollies next year -- I'm just giving you the assumptions on which my 67 is based so you can make your own assumptions.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling we are gonna be stunned at the amount of departures this year. Just a gut feeling.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling we are gonna be stunned at the amount of departures this year. Just a gut feeling.

I think it will be very high as well. Normally, some players who realize they will never crack the two deep stay because they want to graduate from their school, and some leave to get playing time elsewhere. My guess is that with the new staff, a higher percentage this year move on than what we normally see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom