Senior class losses <= 3 | The Boneyard

Senior class losses <= 3

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Reading the thread on TN and how they can now lose only one more game this year reminded me of a thought on Saniya and TLaw.

As you all know, they are 145-1 now. The most games they could end up losing now is three, once in each post-season tourney. That would break Maya's class record for fewest losses over four years (though neither SC nor TLaw played in all games).

Assuming UConn wins the AAC tourney, and assuming they win the two games at Gampel in The Big Dance, the seniors would have 150 wins against the one loss. The worst they could finish then would be 150-2. If UConn makes the Final Four, they would finish at least 152-2. Based purely on wins and losses, that would beat Stewie's class in wins, with fewer losses.

Pretty heady territory for a career role player and a former walk-on.

Reaction Score
Reading the thread on TN and how they can now lose only one more game this year reminded me of a thought on Saniya and TLaw.

As you all know, they are 145-1 now. The most games they could end up losing now is three, once in each post-season tourney. That would break Maya's class record for fewest losses over four years (though neither SC nor TLaw played in all games).

Assuming UConn wins the AAC tourney, and assuming they win the two games at Gampel in The Big Dance, the seniors would have 150 wins against the one loss. The worst they could finish then would be 150-2. If UConn makes the Final Four, they would finish at least 152-2. Based purely on wins and losses, that would beat Stewie's class in wins, with fewer losses.

Pretty heady territory for a career role player and a former walk-on.
And very possible 4 NC rings to the resume.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I had pointed out in an earlier post that should UConn win the conference tournament and at least make it to the FF, Saniya & Tierney would have 152 wins, breaking Stewie, Mo & Tuck's record of 151.

That is some rarefied air.

Reaction Score
I like our chances in the next 7 at least, though we need to be focused and healthy. Don't take anyone for granted.

I like this scenario: Saniya and Tierney go 154-1. Then Lou and Pheesa break that record. :D
I like the way you think!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I mean, Geno is always talking about what's next...I guess what's next is a class to have four straight undefeated seasons ;)

Probably some bad mojo there!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I mean, Geno is always talking about what's next...I guess what's next is a class to have four straight undefeated seasons ;)

Probably some bad mojo there!
I put up a thread suggesting this a month or so back.....if you guys pull it off this year, it looks likely to happen the next two seasons. I understand how unlikely it is to win so many games in a row, but if UCONN goes undefeated this season, the next two will be even be even more dominant.

2017-18: Same roster back plus a year of experience, Stevens, Camara and the freshman class led by Walker. Other top teams (SC/Notre Dame/Baylor/Maryland) all lose significantly more than Connecticut does.

2018-19: Still have KLS/Collier/Stevens/Camara along with Dangerfield, Walker, the rest of the 2017 class, and C. Collier already on board for 2018.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I like our chances in the next 7 at least, though we need to be focused and healthy. Don't take anyone for granted.

I like this scenario: Saniya and Tierney go 154-1. Then Lou and Pheesa break that record. :D
Perhaps Geno can bring in Margo as an inspirational adviser.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom