Senior Camp Approaches - Mitchell Says She's Seen The Light | The Boneyard

Senior Camp Approaches - Mitchell Says She's Seen The Light

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, that might be a tad exaggerated! I do think she thinks the world should revolve around her. I think she's just making appropriate noises as senior team trials approach, knowing Geno is the Sr. Clinician..

"After Ohio State lost to Notre Dame in an NCAA Tournament regional semifinal in March, Mitchell said she would work to become “the most versatile player ever.” She has spent time playing off the ball this summer.

“It’s going to be important that in some situations, everything’s not going through me,” Mitchell said. “It’s different, but I like different.” (emphasis added)

Women's basketball | Mitchell, Harper look to represent Buckeyes on national team

Reaction Score
Well, that might be a tad exaggerated! I do think she thinks the world should revolve around her. I think she's just making appropriate noises as senior team trials approach, knowing Geno is the Sr. Clinician..

"After Ohio State lost to Notre Dame in an NCAA Tournament regional semifinal in March, Mitchell said she would work to become “the most versatile player ever.” She has spent time playing off the ball this summer.

“It’s going to be important that in some situations, everything’s not going through me,” Mitchell said. “It’s different, but I like different.” (emphasis added)

Women's basketball | Mitchell, Harper look to represent Buckeyes on national team

When I was her age I never would have made such a dogmatic statement about my personal
achievement or those to come. But at that time I had nothing to brag about. You cannot deny she has scoring skills. Albeit, not usually against Uconn. Last season, I was in the minority when I liked Mitchell over Plum. Dang, the majority were true. Probably I am once again of the minority opinion.

Reaction Score
When I was her age I never would have made such a dogmatic statement about my personal
achievement or those to come. But at that time I had nothing to brag about. You cannot deny she has scoring skills. Albeit, not usually against Uconn. Last season, I was in the minority when I liked Mitchell over Plum. Dang, the majority were true. Probably I am once again of the minority opinion.

Man-- what an arrogant statement for a player that's never won a significant thing at the team college level.

Reaction Score
Man-- what an arrogant statement for a player that's never won a significant thing at the team college level.

Tell me how does arrogant apply to my posting

Dictionary

adjective: arrogant
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
McGuff is a very good recruiter and a very average coach who surrendered his team very early on to Mitchell. people come and people go. talent gets underutilized and team defense is always a question. Still the recruits and transfers show up. Go figure.

Reaction Score
Seen her play up close a few times. A very good shooter who does not know when to stop shooting, or dribbling. Lacks effective ability to pass the ball. All me, me, me...

Reaction Score
A reading challenged person am I---Sorry about the reply.

I just got back home and saw this. hahaha -- no problem!! When I saw the 1st post I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO I didn't mean it like that!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
She's a 3-time first team AA and is within shouting distance of the career NCAA scoring record, she'll be one of the first 3 players selected in the WNBA Draft next year, I'd say she's had a pretty significant career.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And the leading preseason contender to be the 2017-18 BY Punching bag in WCBB goes to....... Kelsey Mitchell :rolleyes:

Im trying to think who will be the other contenders .. conference by conference :oops:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And the leading preseason contender to be the 2017-18 BY Punching bag in WCBB goes to.. Kelsey Mitchell :rolleyes:

Im trying to think who will be the other contenders .. conference by conference :oops:
Are we talking players or coaches? Hell I'll do both P5
ACC-JPM, Marina Mabrey
SEC-Mercedes nudges out A'ja & Holly
Big 10-Kelsey Mitchell and her Father
Big 12-Lauren Cox & Kim
Pac 12-Destiny Slocum & I can't think of a coach

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Are we talking players or coaches? Hell I'll do both P5
ACC-JPM, Marina Mabrey
SEC-Mercedes nudges out A'ja & Holly
Big 10-Kelsey Mitchell and her Father
Big 12-Lauren Cox & Kim
Pac 12-Destiny Slocum & I can't think of a coach

Slocum even though she's redshirting? :oops: Thats rough

The Pac 12 is tough to choose... they play most of their games after 9pm EST .. when most of the BY is tucked away in bed :);):cool::p:eek::eek::D

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
And the leading preseason contender to be the 2017-18 BY Punching bag in WCBB goes to.. Kelsey Mitchell :rolleyes:

And your #1 punching bag is the BY. Any other message board contenders? Conference by conference?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She's a 3-time first team AA and is within shouting distance of the career NCAA scoring record, she'll be one of the first 3 players selected in the WNBA Draft next year, I'd say she's had a pretty significant career.
Charles Barkley had a pretty significant career. One of the top 50 players of all time and a member of the Dream Team. Yet he too never won anything significant (beyond that championship) at the pro level. In the end MVP awards and scoring titles are insignificant. All people want to know is how many chips have you won.

Reaction Score
She shouldnt have been last year. All 5 of Uconn starters I would take before her! Her ego is almost as big as her fathers backside,lol. Since I have gone there Aja Wilson didnt deserve 1st team AA either. Aja 17pts and 5rbs and Gabby 26pts and 14 rbs. Dont forget the whooping Gabby gave Brionna Turner also.Aja has been outplayed everytime against Uconn and this year will be no different! If Kia Nurse plays like she did at the end of last year. The NCAA needs to change the rules on AAs because the 1st team AAs will all come from the Mecca of WCBB, Storrs Connecticut!

Reaction Score

Always JPM,lol.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Barkley is a wealthy man, HOF'er and one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA history, as he's said on many occsiaons he would have loved to win a title but he wouldn't trade careers with Kenny Smith, his braodcast partner who won 2 NBA titles, or a bunch of other guys who won titles. At the end of the day, I'd rather have Kelsey Mitchell than Kelly Faris, Carolyn Doty or Tiffany Hayes, all of whom won multiple titles at Connecticut.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
"Her ego is almost as big as her father's backside"

LOLOLOLOLOL.. I guess that's an okay post... I got a warning once for less. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This is a kid. This is how she winds herself up to compete at a level none of us could ever approach.

I find many of these comments stomach-turning.

Reaction Score

ummm-- you realize I said "TEAM" -- right? Please read my post again. I said TEAM -- you gave me individual awards.

What do you think of Allen Iverson?

Why would have Durant left Westbrook? They almost beat GSW the year before.

Why did the scoring guard now playing with Houston leave OKC?

I've never heard a college kid though who hasn't won a thing as part of a team say --
“It’s going to be important that in some situations, everything’s not going through me,” Mitchell said."
WHile she is talking about going on basically an all-star team.

Reaction Score
This is a kid. This is how she winds herself up to compete at a level none of us could ever approach.

I find many of these comments stomach-turning.

I don't know about others -- but I'm curious if you thought I was out-of-line for calling her arrogant? Players have to be a little of both (arrogant and selfish), right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom