Senior Bowl - January 28th | The Boneyard

Senior Bowl - January 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hoping a couple of Uconn guys get invites. The roster is being updated daily.

For anyone who is considering the trip to Mobile, I highly recommend it. The whole week is great with lots of open practices, tons of NFL coaches, scouts and agents.

The bowl game itself it an excellent time. The tailgating is phenomenal and there isn't a bad seat in the house. Ladd-Peeble stadium is about the same size as the Rent.

Unfortuantely it looks like my wife and several other wives have scheduling conflicts, so it's a guys only overnight trip.

Here's the bowl game link.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/index.asp

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i read the daddykash thread about him getting the combine invite which is great, i would think and hope that this is also going to be on his resume.

Reaction Score
How does one secure an invite to the game? How do they do the selection process?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How does one secure an invite to the game? How do they do the selection process?

I don't know who the names of the committee members are, but the whole week is heavily influenced by the NFL. Also, keep in mind that IMG has rights with the game and the setup. The North and South teams are coached all week by an entire NFL teams' staff. The NFL network airs all the practices and the game itself.

Injuries and agents come in to play as well. The rosters get finalized on January 22nd and names will be added/dropped right up until that date.

I think Reyes, Ryan and Teggart should all be in-line possibly for invites.

Invites are an almost guarantee to get drafted.

Here's a couple of nuggets off the website.

From the second pick of the first round to the second to last pick of the seventh and final round, the Under Armour Senior Bowl had a strong presence in the 2011 NFL Draft. In all, 83 former Senior Bowl players were selected over the three day event, a number that represents 12 first round picks and 33 percent of all 254 players drafted.
For the seventh consecutive year the nation’s premier senior showcase event had at least 10 first round selections, with 12 former Senior Bowl players getting the much anticipated call on Thursday night. When the Denver Broncos chose Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller with the second overall pick, it marked the 15th straight year the game has featured a top ten selection. Miller, the Under Armour Defensive Player of the Game this year, is the first Senior Bowler to be chosen in the top five since 2007 and the highest pick in the game’s history in eight years (Carson Palmer, 1st overall in 2003).
Since 1999, the Senior Bowl has produced 144 first round selections and 1,130 draftees overall.

The 2012 NFL Pro Bowl rosters will once again have a strong Senior Bowl presence. A total of 26 former Senior Bowl players were named to the post season all-star game, including 12 starters and 14 reserves. The 2012 NFL Pro Bowl will be played January 29th in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Senior Bowl Players in the 2012 Pro Bowl

Name, Position, NFL Team, College, Year Played in Senior Bowl
NFC Starters
Jimmy Graham, TE, New Orleans, Miami, 2010
Joe Staley, OT, San Francisco, Central Michigan, 2007
Carl Nicks, OG, New Orleans, Nebraska, 2008
Ryan Kalil, OC, Carolina, USC, 2007
DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Dallas, Troy, 2005
Clay Matthews, OLB, Green Bay, USC, 2009
Patrick Willis, ILB, San Francisco, Ole Miss, 2007
Carlos Rogers, CB, San Francisco, Auburn, 2005

NFC Reserves
Matt Forte, RB, Chicago, Tulane, 2008
Scott Wells, OC, Green Bay, Tennessee, 2004
Davin Joseph, OG, Tampa Bay, Oklahoma, 2006
B.J. Raji, DL, Green Bay, Boston College, 2009
Brian Urlacher, ILB, Chicago, New Mexico, 2000
Lance Briggs, OLB, Chicago, Arizona, 2003

AFC Starters

Mike Wallace, WR, Pittsburgh, Ole Miss, 2009
Logan Mankins, OG, New England, Fresno St., 2005
Dwight Freeney, DE, Indianapolis, Syracuse, 2002
Von Miller, OLB, Denver, Texas A&M, 2011

AFC Reserves

Philip Rivers, QB, San Diego, N.C. State, 2004
Arian Foster, RB, Houston, Tennessee, 2009
Nick Mangold, OC, New York Jets, Ohio St., 2006
Marshall Yanda, OG, Baltimore, Iowa, 2007
D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, NY Jets, Virginia, 2006
Elvis Dumervil, DE, Denver, Louisville, 2006
Tamba Hali, OLB, Kansas City, Penn State, 2006
Eric Weddle, FS, San Diego, Utah, 2007

It's by far the best and largest collection of NFL level talent performing live drills anywhere prior to the draft.

Reaction Score
i read the daddykash thread about him getting the combine invite which is great, i would think and hope that this is also going to be on his resume.

Kendall is the only one that I am aware of with an official invite, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom