Senhor Testiculo Award Nominations - BCU game | The Boneyard

Senhor Testiculo Award Nominations - BCU game

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I'm strongly tending toward Boat, for that stuff....

Discuss among yourselves.

Reaction Score
I'm strongly tending toward Boat, for that stuff....

Discuss among yourselves.

Boat it is, what a fantastic play. Boat is severely underrated around here, his quickness and athleticism are huge for us.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Boatright for the late FTs and more importantly the block.

Game. Set. Match.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yeah, it was a dud. Also, Bazz's behind.the back push pass has officially jumped the shark. The jab stepback two needs to be less prominent in the rotation as well.

Award goes to Daniels for carrying the O.in the first half, but hardly testiculo performance from the team. Should have beat this team by 20.

Reaction Score
The nature of the award shouldn't allow for anyone other than RB to be nominated. Straight up balls to end the game.

Reaction Score
Boat it is, what a fantastic play. Boat is severely underrated around here, his quickness and athleticism are huge for us.

Bazz is out, he left his testiculos in Storrs. Hope he never plays BC again - didn't bring out the best of him.

Boat's good for me. Hit the 2 foul shots that put us up 4. Took some testiculos to even try for that block.

I lean away from DD since he missed the two shots that most needed testiculos in the last four minutes (a three and a jump hook). Maybe not fair since he was great until then, but it is a testiculos award - not a Player of the Game.

Reaction Score
Boat. That block was so ballsy with the way that the refs were calling fouls.

caw

Reaction Score
That was a BC game through and through. They dictated how it was played (though the refs helped with how they called it, it was even but it killed the flow). UConn just beat BC at their game, that sure as hell wasn't the game UConn played for the first 4.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it was a dud. Also, Bazz's behind.the back push pass has officially jumped the shark. The jab stepback two needs to be less prominent in the rotation as well.

Award goes to Daniels for carrying the O.in the first half, but hardly testiculo performance from the team. Should have beat this team by 20.

Bazz took the worst shot in basketball (20 footer) 6 or 7 times tonight. Most of which were on the move. He played like he was scared of shot blockers when BC doesn't have any. Even that spinning layup that went in was a terrible shot. Just a bad game from him all around - game management, decision making, passing (did he have one good pass the whole night?), his defense the last two possessions was atrocious (he just ran into a screen and hugged the big guy the first time, not even trying to get around it), but I'll give him a little bit of a pass since I'm not sure how you are supposed to play defense any more if you can't touch a guy, but they can give you a forearm shiver to create separation.

I know Bazz had some stats, and had some good moments, so my criticism is relative to the source. I expect better from our senior PG.

Reaction Score
Holy crap - Bazz left his man wide open on the final play to go chase the ball. If you watch the replay of the final play again, look at Hanlan (#21) for BC on the near side of the court. Nobody within 20 feet of him.

Reaction Score
I'm going a little against the spirit of the award here but UConn was struggling throughout, they weren't hitting shots, and DD came through time and time again. Not sure that last block by Boat required nuts as much as it required a nutty defender. Great block. But a foul there and it's game over.

Daniels nutted up several times

Reaction Score
I like boat for this award. He made his fts down the stretch despite a not so good shooting night. Daniels and bazz were the bread and butter. But boat had some balls at the end of a grind he struggled in

Reaction Score
On further review, I think we need to know if DD got a piece of that missed layup. That would have been a supremo testiculos type of play if he got a finger on it. Although you can make a case that he bothered Hanlan enough to miss without fouling.

Reaction Score
It takes mucho testiculos on this team to get a rebound as it appears you'll get excommunicated for such a heinous act. Soooo whomever got the most boards.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Reminder: Senhor Testiculo is not a player of the game award. It is not to recognize the leading scorer (although S.T. can also be the leading scorer). It is to recognize the player who made big plays, hustle plays and showed the onions teams need to be champions. Ryan Boatright gets my vote. A vote for the whole team is also basically a non-vote since it will not be considered when determining the year-end award winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom