Senators propose labor bill for college athletes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Senators propose labor bill for college athletes

Reaction Score
They are already being paid.

"A cadet at the United States Military Academy, the United States Air Force Academy, or the Coast Guard Academy, or a midshipman at the United States Naval Academy, is entitled to monthly cadet pay, or midshipman pay, at the monthly rate equal to 35 percent of the basic pay of a commissioned officer in the pay grade O–1 with less than two years of service." 37 U.S.C. 203

My error - They are still getting a world class education and committing to 6 years of service to our country.

Reaction Score
Don't see a problem with this. These kids generate billions of dollars in TV revenue for the schools, conference and TV networks. They deserve to be compensated as such.

Reaction Score
I can hardly wait for the NLRB hearing that follow complaints from players about hours and working conditions. Maybe even playing time. After all how can you expect third string back-ups to get the same compensation as starters. I assume they would have union reps monitoring all of that so that the proper grievance procedures can be followed.

Hiring will be handled by university HR with appropriate guidelines followed. Title IX will have to be replaced by gender equal compensation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Of course it could be worse and Diaco could be coach. Then it's 4th and goal with time running out.... and the game ends.

(I still have the nightmares about the game at Navy.)

Reaction Score
Don't see a problem with this. These kids generate billions of dollars in TV revenue for the schools, conference and TV networks. They deserve to be compensated as such.
I am sure you realize those billions go back to the member institutions. So please explain where the extra money is coming from to compensate these employees. I am sure you also realize all but a relative handful of these institutions show a profit in their athletic programs.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
(I still have the nightmares about the game at Navy.)
My group was at that game, maybe around the 10-15 yard line. We had plenty of drinking motivation after that. Dumbfounded is the only word I have.

CL82

Reaction Score
My group was at that game, maybe around the 10-15 yard line. We had plenty of drinking motivation after that. Dumbfounded is the only word I have.
Were you sitting anywhere near blue and white kid? If so we were pretty close.

Reaction Score
I am sure you realize those billions go back to the member institutions. So please explain where the extra money is coming from to compensate these employees. I am sure you also realize all but a relative handful of these institutions show a profit in their athletic programs.
Yeah, maybe. But Clemson used theirs to build a lazy river for football players. Reg7lar student can’t use it. Cry me a(lazy) river about institutions getting the money. The fifth poorest state in the country is paying its football coach 10 million a year. Again, cry me a (lazy) river.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Were you sitting anywhere near blue and white kid? If so we were pretty close.
My memory is fading about everything BUT the end of the game. Not the way I want it to happen. Ridiculously hot and sweaty that day and Diaco still made our temperatures rise.

CL82

Reaction Score
My memory is fading about everything BUT the end of the game. Not the way I want it to happen. Ridiculously hot and sweaty that day and Diaco still made our temperatures rise.
It was a hot day I but I was feeling really good about Connecticut football, for a while anyway.

Annapolis is a great place to see a game. I’m looking forward to going to West Point. I’ve seen a few games there. It is beautiful as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom