Semifinal stats were in the book, but not in the summary :( | The Boneyard

Semifinal stats were in the book, but not in the summary :(

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
but I've fixed it now. Get the summary for all 32 games here.

Reaction Score
but I've fixed it now. Get the summary for all 32 games here.

JRR: Again my appreciation for all the work you put into this for us. (FYI, this time I happened to notice that the pages are marked s.t. like "not secure." Am very low tech an cannot evaluate the significance of that. Thank you again for your faithful work.

Reaction Score
JRR: Again my appreciation for all the work you put into this for us. (FYI, this time I happened to notice that the pages are marked s.t. like "not secure." Am very low tech an cannot evaluate the significance of that. Thank you again for your faithful work.
In this case it just means the files aren't encrypted before being transmitted to you. Likewise data you transmit to the site isn't encrypted for transmission either. (In techy terms, it means the internet protocol responsible for making sure the encryption happens, called HTTPS, isn't enabled.) For downloading spreadsheets like JRR's, it's not an issue.

Secure transmission really matters for your personal and financial data, however. No online shopping or banking without it! More info, and how to spot when HTTPS is enabled: What Is HTTPS, and Why Should I Care?

Reaction Score
In this case it just means the files aren't encrypted before being transmitted to you. Likewise data you transmit to the site isn't encrypted for transmission either. (In techy terms, it means the internet protocol responsible for making sure the encryption happens, called HTTPS, isn't enabled.) For downloading spreadsheets like JRR's, it's not an issue.

Secure transmission really matters for your personal and financial data, however. No online shopping or banking without it! More info, and how to spot when HTTPS is enabled: What Is HTTPS, and Why Should I Care?

Shmi: VERY kind of you to lay this out. Thank you - will study.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
The "not secure" message you get means I have not paid the additional fee to have a semi-private server with a digital certificate. So, my site does not support the HTTPS communication protocol, only HTTP. THAT means the communications between you and it are not encrypted. Since there's no personal information being exchanged, that should not be a problem. There is one possible caveat: this version of the spreadsheet has no macros in it, unlike last year's version. So, in the unlikely event you open the spreadsheet and it warns you about macros or asks for permission to run macros, delete it and download again.

Did I say all that clearly, or is something still obscure?

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

Thanks for answering before I could -- I didn't read far enough down the thread to see you'd already given a more-than-adequate response.

Reaction Score

SCMI: thank you again and also again to JRRR. Stay sharp you two

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom