Semi-OT: Crazy stat for the women's team | The Boneyard

Semi-OT: Crazy stat for the women's team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since joining the AAC, the women have played 111 total games. In that time, they're 110-1 overall, and 54-0 in-conference.

womens%20stat_zpsoypjot5d.jpg

I know you can pick any number of insane stats put up by them, but this one grabbed me. It's completely absurd.

If they win another national championship this year, the American conference in its 3 seasons of existence will tie the Big 12 for third in most women's championships by a conference.

champsbyconference_zpsedxdjr18.jpg

Geno & Co are doing things that I can't do in NBA 2k16 with the West All Star roster and the difficulty set to Rookie. Mad props.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Since joining the AAC, the women have played 111 total games. In that time, they're 110-1 overall, and 54-0 in-conference.

I know you can pick any number of insane stats put up by them, but this one grabbed me. It's completely absurd.

If they win another national championship this year, the American conference in its 3 seasons of existence will tie the Big 12 for third in most women's championships by a conference.

Geno & Co are doing things that I can't do in NBA 2k16 with the West All Star roster and the difficulty set to Rookie. Mad props.
Since the American is the same conference that was formerly know as the Big East, shouldn't it's total championships be 11? 10 UConn, 1 Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Since the American is the same conference that was formerly know as the Big East, shouldn't it's total championships be 11? 10 UConn, 1 Notre Dame.
Yeah, should be. The waters get muddied because the NBE retained the branding rights, so people get confused.

Even ESPN, I think, consider the NBE as the same as the original when they talk about conference records, championship numbers, etc.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, should be. The waters get muddied because the NBE retained the branding rights, so people get confused.

Even ESPN, I think, consider the NBE as the same as the original when they talk about conference records, championship numbers, etc.
Yep, they're wrong though. The American kept the Big NCAA credits.

Reaction Score
I always like the one that they haven't lost two games in a row since 1993.

There was one quirky one I liked because it's a "you'd never guess this in a millions years" stat. A few years ago there were only three schools that Geno had a losing record against, one of which was Stanford. He's now played them enough times to go over .500, so now there are only two.

One of them is La Salle, which he is 0-3 against. Obviously all in the early years.
The other is an 0-1 record against US International, a school which no longer exists, meaning that even if he got La Salle to play a few times, it would be impossible to have a .500 or better record against everyone.

US International's claim to fame on the men's side: Kevin Bradshaw holds the NCAA DI single-game scoring record with 72 points -- in a game his team lost by 46. USIU and Loyola Marymount played four of the five highest scoring games in NCAA history in those Gathers/Kimble years. That one ended 186-140.

Reaction Score

There was one quirky one I liked because it's a "you'd never guess this in a millions years" stat. A few years ago there were only three schools that Geno had a losing record against, one of which was Stanford. He's now played them enough times to go over .500, so now there are only two.

One of them is La Salle, which he is 0-3 against. Obviously all in the early years.
The other is an 0-1 record against US International, a school which no longer exists, meaning that even if he got La Salle to play a few times, it would be impossible to have a .500 or better record against everyone.

US International's claim to fame on the men's side: Kevin Bradshaw holds the NCAA DI single-game scoring record with 72 points -- in a game his team lost by 46. USIU and Loyola Marymount played four of the five highest scoring games in NCAA history in those Gathers/Kimble years. That one ended 186-140.
US International? Isn't that the school Eddie Murphy says he attends in Coming to America? lol

Reaction Score
US International? Isn't that the school Eddie Murphy says he attends in Coming to America? lol
i think that was 'the University of the United States'. funny.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You somehow continue to consistently astound me year after year Gurley. Just an insane fountain of knowledge. I question whether you do anything else but study college basketball.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can be traced back to scrimmaging with the men's team on first night, IMO. Builds toughness.

It's unfortunate the deleterious effect that game has on the men's team. It really is a sacrifice for the good of the University. Although at some point, haven't the women benefited enough?

CL82

Reaction Score
I thought the Big East bought the name and the history, but the American kept the money and credits.
Just the name.

Reaction Score
You somehow continue to consistently astound me year after year Gurley. Just an insane fountain of knowledge. I question whether you do anything else but study college basketball.
Maybe he attended UNC. Don't they have that as a major

Reaction Score
It just goes to show that despite being stuck in the AAC, it doesn't hurt the team overall. they still recruit the best players because of excellence of the program that Geno has instilled.

Reaction Score

I don't think Bradshaw is correct. Frank Selvy has the record with 100 points .

Reaction Score

Selvy did it against a non-DI school. But I should have written "record against a DI opponent" to be technically accurate. "DI scoring record" implies the person doing the scoring and not the opponent.

Reaction Score
No big feat, I've score 100 multiple times. Granted it was golf not basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22