Semi Ojeleye is leaving Duke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Semi Ojeleye is leaving Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heard he plays like stick with more size
our system works well with guys in the middle like that... as long as he can set screens , rebound, block a few shots, get a few putbacks, he's a perfect fit here...

Reaction Score
Semi Ojeleye been contacted by following, per source: Wisconsin, KU, K-State, SMU, Oregon, Iowa, Illinois, Creighton, Wichita St., Cal, Wash

Reaction Score
UCweCONN said:
How is it possible that SMU continues to get better talent than UCONN? They're coach is 80....I thought we had issues recruiting with JC as coach and he was a spring chicken compared to Larry Brown.

Yeah! I mean, when was the last time UConn got a highly ranked transfer from an ACC school in North Carolina? It's been months!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...ks-fantasy-coaching-staffs-college-basketball I know we hate everything ESPN writes around these parts, but having a closer on the coaching staff helps a ton.

Hobbs was the lead recruiter for Rip, Khalid and Caron, and had some success as a head coach. By contrast, Slice Rohrssen was the lead recruiter for Chris Taft and Carl Krauser, and failed miserably as a head coach at a place where everybody else wins. And he's a year older than Hobbs. Slice clearly has three things going for him - a nickname, a really good pr agent, and a current job where a labradoodle could be an effective closer. I don't like to say it, but UK is the "it" place to be for recruits.

I admit I don't know the inner workings of our staff well enough to know what kind of grade I'd give Hobbs as a recruiter these days. But in theory, he should be more than qualified.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hobbs was the lead recruiter for Rip, Khalid and Caron, and had some success as a head coach. By contrast, Slice Rohrssen was the lead recruiter for Chris Taft and Carl Krauser, and failed miserably as a head coach at a place where everybody else wins. And he's a year older than Hobbs. Slice clearly has three things going for him - a nickname, a really good pr agent, and a current job where a labradoodle could be an effective closer. I don't like to say it, but UK is the "it" place to be for recruits.

I admit I don't know the inner workings of our staff well enough to know what kind of grade I'd give Hobbs as a recruiter these days. But in theory, he should be more than qualified.

Agreed. This was more to illustrate that Ulric Maligi himself is a huge part of the reason why SMU is able to get the kind of talent they do.

Reaction Score
How is it possible that SMU continues to get better talent than UCONN? They're coach is 80....I thought we had issues recruiting with JC as coach and he was a spring chicken compared to Larry Brown.

A hypothetical...but if Omar had transferred after last year after not doing much, would you be talking him up as a great talent addition for whoever landed him? Not saying Ojeleye isn't any good because he's had to deal with a lot of talent ahead of him to get on the floor, but lets slow down on hyping him up as better than anyone we're getting. LB and his staff have done a great job of brining in transfers and HS recruits but if this same dude had spent 2 years here and did nothing you and a bunch of others would be killing him. Omar couldn't even get a free pass off an injury before ya'll tossed him aside after already having a solid freshman year in the bank, hell, there was already talk of Purvis not being as good as his ranking when he's only been healthy for about 4 of his games. Let's see how good this dude is once he suits up for SMU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom