Selfishly- I'm a Basketball Fan | The Boneyard

Selfishly- I'm a Basketball Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Cuse & Pitt leaving Stinks! Those are games I circle on my schedule. Just the memories from BET games alone, with those two schools, represent dozens of EPIC UConn battles.

Aside from football BCS/Bowl stuff- what options make UConn Basketball, Strong with schedules, recruiting, and the Big Dance? We are headed towards a Calhoun-less era. How do we keep the good times rolling in Hoops with all this Mega Conference Crap?

Reaction Score
Cuse & Pitt leaving Stinks! Those are games I circle on my schedule. Just the memories from BET games alone, with those two schools, represent dozens of EPIC UConn battles.

Aside from football BCS/Bowl stuff- what options make UConn Basketball, Strong with schedules, recruiting, and the Big Dance? We are headed towards a Calhoun-less era. How do we keep the good times rolling in Hoops with all this Mega Conference Crap?

agreed.

But it's just the nature of things now.

BC leaving kinda stunk because I loved rooting against them, but I got used to it quickly.

I can't imagine the big east without Cuse and Pitt though.

Reaction Score
I wonder what Boeheim thinks about this dont think he had much say in the matter.

Reaction Score
To be honest, I've never really been a big fan of college football and still am not. It just sucks the way the football schools everybody around, but it's not going to change anytime soon I don't think. Pitt and Cuse leaving the Big East sucks for college hoops in genearal and this has the potential to be deadly for UConn a couple years down the road with Calhoun leaving and an unstable conference.

Reaction Score
That's the problem, champs. You're entitled to like what you like but your attitude is not helpful to UConn sports overall and has helped maintain the ridiculous hybrid BE conference.. Basketball is a great game but being basketball-centric doesn't produce the right result. You can be a basketball school but you have to be BCS in football even if you only end up .500 most of the time and only win the conference occasionally, if at all. UConn will ultimately be fine in all this. Have a little patience and wait to see where the dominos fall after certain other schools make their decisions. Hoops is the eel on the shark's back however, like it or not.

Reaction Score
Boeheim has been very vocal against leaving the BE in the past as has Dixon.

Reaction Score
That's the problem, champs. You're entitled to like what you like but your attitude is not helpful to UConn sports overall and has helped maintain the ridiculous hybrid BE conference.. Basketball is a great game but being basketball-centric doesn't produce the right result. You can be a basketball school but you have to be BCS in football even if you only end up .500 most of the time and only win the conference occasionally, if at all. UConn will ultimately be fine in all this. Have a little patience and wait to see where the dominos fall after certain other schools make their decisions. Hoops is the eel on the shark's back however, like it or not.

Yeah, I mean obviously football is #1 with bball being a distant second but it doesn't mean I have to like it. If UConn ends up in the ACC I'm fine with it, but UConn fans certainly have reason to be nervous imo.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I mean obviously football is #1 with bball being a distant second but it doesn't mean I have to like it. If UConn ends up in the ACC I'm fine with it, but UConn fans certainly have reason to be nervous imo.

This. Some have said a 16 team ACC isn't likely. However, I think a 16 team ACC with two divisions makes a lot of sense but I do not know the financials, logistics, or any other details. The following would allow for easy scheduling in football and could keep plenty of basketball rivalries:

North:
UConn
BC
Cuse
Pitt
WVU (if WVU goes to the SEC take RU)
UVA
Va Tech
Maryland

South:
UNC
NC State
Puke
Wake
Clemson
FSU
Miami
Ga Tech

8 game football conference with 7 divisional games and one cross over and a championship game in Charlotte or DC.

In basketball an 18 game conference schedule-Either 14 divisional games (home and home) and four cross over games. Or one division like the BE is now and guarantee a "rivalry" home and home (UConn/Cuse, UNC/Duke, etc).

Reaction Score
I didn't think it was possible to hate Syracuse any more than I do until today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom