Selection Show Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Selection Show Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also. Can the rest of the BE not named UConn, Marquette and Creighton stop pooping the bed in the OOC?! It’s hurting the league

This is true also. All of the BE bubble teams did themselves no favors in the OOC this year. St. John's got beaten handily by a Michigan team that ended up the worst in the Big Ten... Seton Hall lost to USC, Iowa and Rutgers, Providence lost to Kansas St. and got boatraced by Oklahoma. Villanova got beaten by everyone in the Big 5, including by a god-awful Penn team and non-descript Drexel and St. Joe's teams. Unfortunately the OOC of our bubble teams bit the conference hard this year. They have to do better in November and December...

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Has anyone who's actually watched Illinois play worried about them?

I watch them a lot, they’re like a lot of teams: good scoring, a few guys who can light it up, average big man presence.

We’re better than every team, top to bottom, but that doesn’t mean we can’t be snipped.

Reaction Score
Every one of the fan bases will also pick UConn. Not because they think we are the best, but just to jinx us. Reverse mojo? Dark matter? IDK.

Reaction Score
IAST beat Houston and Kansas so they are a legit 2 but I'd rather have them than an improved UNC with a bonafide star player. Not worried about Hurley v Pearl though it's a bit early for that matchup.

We should have drawn Tennessee/Arizona if the S-curve meant anything. I expect Kansas to take our Purdue if that matchup happens. I'm selling the entire B1G and the entire ACC outside of UNC Buying the top teams in the B12 and think Arizona is going to make a run because the pundits don't think it will happen and the West is going to be the weak region.
ISU should have been a 1 over UNC

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
only thing i'd worry about with uconn is kind of like houston in the aac, they've only played one or two real games since conference play started

i still think you should be fine huskie bros, maybe one bad half or so but you'll overcome it.

Reaction Score
Have to wonder how much of the appeasement to the bigger brands is to keep them happy so they don't threaten to have their own tournament. It's going to come up eventually and will probably happen. The NCAA just wants to make them happy as long as possible so they can keep milking the tournament while it lasts

Reaction Score
They had Auburn as the 15th team so the 3rd 4-seed, which in their mind was giving us a break.
Based on... what??? The NCAA's own NET rating has them 5th. The closest thing to validating that number is the idiotic rankings. They're a consensus #7 team based on the Massey compilation. But somehow the committee of big brains finds them all the way down at #15. Insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom