Seems Logical To Give Kevin 3 Years Right Now: | The Boneyard

Seems Logical To Give Kevin 3 Years Right Now:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't think of any reason why they can't give Kevin 3 years right now. To start a search and bring on board a major new name next year while having Calhoun raising money and being involved in the program seems impossible. The complications with recruiting also seem to be a bigger issue every day. Counting this year as a trial year in which if something crazy happens they can put in a clause to dump him. Give him this partial plus 2 real years. It shows good faith to the fan base and Calhoun and provides bridge to new decision. And, if Ollie works out you gave him the leash to be successful.

caw

Reaction Score
I can't think of any reason why they can't give Kevin 3 years right now. To start a search and bring on board a major new name next year while having Calhoun raising money and being involved in the program seems impossible. The complications with recruiting also seem to be a bigger issue every day. Counting this year as a trial year in which if something crazy happens they can put in a clause to dump him. Give him this partial plus 2 real years. It shows good faith to the fan base and Calhoun and provides bridge to new decision. And, if Ollie works out you gave him the leash to be successful.

I think recruiting is pretty much done until spring. Samuel and Facey should sign this period. Austin looks like he will decide this week and if Bell goes Oregon/Auburn then UConn is likely done until spring.

The damage (if there was damage) to recruiting is done.

Who knows how things will play out in the spring with recruiting. There are always decommits because of coaching changes, 5th year mid-majors looking to move up, unsigned guys who make a jump during the high school season, etc. Heck there are also regular transfers, which Oriakhi was nice enough to explain, are a common occurrence these days.

That said, the contract needs to be signed, sealed and delivered before March Madness is over. I actually wouldn't totally be against it happening during Final Four weekend just to steal some buzz from whatever teams are playing :-p

Reaction Score
That said, the contract needs to be signed, sealed and delivered before March Madness is over. I actually wouldn't totally be against it happening during Final Four weekend just to steal some buzz from whatever teams are playing :-p

Interesting thought. I am hoping KO is 11-0 (or 10-1) after 12/21 and gets the extension as a nice Christmas present. That would give KO time to lock in on any remaining 2013's before the Spring signing period (April 17, 2013 - May 15, 2013).

Reaction Score
i really dont get all this lets sign him up long term now talk. yes he beat msu and now vt but lets wait and see how he handles a month in big east play before we go extention crazy. i personally thought it was idiotic to give him a 1 year deal. the man should have gotten atleast a 2 year deal which wouldve helped out recruiting instead of being the hinderence that it has been.if it were up to me ollie wouldve gotten a 4 year deal from day one but im not in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom