Seems Everybody In UConn Land Is Going GaGa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seems Everybody In UConn Land Is Going GaGa

Reaction Score
More than the specific talent, i think Paige and Diana are very similar in temperment and confidence. How can he not project? ;)
Confidence is one of the best "talents" regarding sports. Its sometimes underrated.

Reaction Score
Mind you, every one of the number 1's have won a NC except Walker and Williams which we hope will change with Bueckers arrival at the latest. Go Huskies!

And don't forget about Avina Westbrook. She was ranked #1 along with Megan........ so UConn will have 4 #1 ranked players on the same team! How can you NOT win a championship with all of that?

Reaction Score
All you young folk are relatively safe with the probabilities that you are going to see this team play next year. However, those of us who are over 77, are anxious to see this team have a lower probability that this will happen. Considering next years class and the current players along with the recruits announced for the next year, it seems that things are going to be extremely exciting again. I'll have to make sure that my chemical prescriptions are up to date to help keep me around a little longer to see this happen.

Reaction Score
I don't know how exciting next year's team will be, but I can tell you that this year's team of scrappy young pups has me reaching for a nitroglycerin pill during some of these close games and I don't even have a heart condition!:)

HGN

Reaction Score
I'll bet you and many others did not feel that way this time last season. ;) I know I did not, not as much success as UConn has had recruiting. Geno has done an outstanding job of surrounding Paige with upper tier talent.
Donalddoo, I couldn't agree more....when I think of a potential starting lineup of Paige, Meg, Chrystyn, Liv, and Evina/Anna I start smiling....And then I think of the bench with Anna or Evina, Aubrey, Aaliyah , Muhl, Gabriel, and McLean. And I get downright giddy. Scoring , size , ball handling , and athleticism. Geno has done a great job of putting a NC calibre team together. If he thinks he wants UCONN to be bad for WBB again I think he's got his wish.

With Paige dishing out the dimes and cashing in a few of her own every game , that team could be standing in the bank line to cash in on a NC soon after arrival.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Who are the 11 number one recruits, excluding EDD. Anyone know?

Bueckers, Williams, Walker, Samuelson, KML, Stewart, Moore, Charles, I believe Strother,Taurasi. Thats 10. The other would seem to either be Sales or someone from TASS. Maybe Tamika Williams?
Bluestar actually had Ashley Robinson ranked ahead of DT.

And yes Williams was #1 and NHSPOY. I remember she had to leave right after (fly out) the WBCA All Star game in Hartford to go accept the award.

Reaction Score
Bueckers doesn't win every game she plays but I've never seen her in the least bit unsure or intimidated. I've heard the chants of "over-rated" at a couple of her road games. She loves it.
I had a teacher a long time time ago who had a long speech about talent and those who doubt theirs and the people who lack talent but act as if they have it. Bueckers is a player who is great and who knows she is great. And from what I have seen she accepts all the pressure and even relishes it.
The are a whole lot more people with the latter than the former. An old time teacher who knew you earn your confidence not Bragg it. Unfortunately, the public rarely knows the latter from the former until they see it.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I think one rating group rated Charde Houston number one
Charde was in HS. Her fundamentals needed work for College. She was a force on defense so Geno used her at the point of his zone trapping defense. She had health and other issues. Apparently the Gilbert syndrome. That allowed her energy to dissipate too quickly. She could score, albeit while taking the extra step.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I disagree about "temperament". I've seen nothing in numerous Paige videos to suggest that she has the smart-a?? attitude that was so characteristic of Diana.
Watch more videos. It's there along with the confidence. I think she has the potential to be special, but that's a lot to dump on a HS kid.

Reaction Score
The are a whole lot more people with the latter than the former. An old time teacher who knew you earn your confidence not Bragg it. Unfortunately, the public rarely knows the latter from the former until they see it.

She divided people into 4 groups. There were those who know and those who don't know and both of those groups were divided into those who know they know, those who don't know they know, those who know they don't and those who don't know they don't know. It's that last group that screws things up for the rest. :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
And don't forget about Avina Westbrook. She was ranked #1 along with Megan........ so UConn will have 4 #1 ranked players on the same team! How can you NOT win a championship with all of that?

Technically, there will be five players on the roster who were #1:

CW, ONO, Westbrook, Walker, Bueckers

Reaction Score
Azzi & Bueckers will be the next Bird & DT - Best backcourt in the land for 3 years!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cheating a little bit to include two #1's from the same recruiting year.

Two sets of those players are from the same year. CW and ONO ended up #1 at two different services, and Walker and Westbrook similarly.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Who are the 11 number one recruits, excluding EDD. Anyone know?

Bueckers, Williams, Walker, Samuelson, KML, Stewart, Moore, Charles, I believe Strother,Taurasi. Thats 10. The other would seem to either be Sales or someone from TASS. Maybe Tamika Williams?
We got #1 Brit Hunter, but only after she spent time at Duke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom