Seeking Your Thoughts On Akok | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Seeking Your Thoughts On Akok

Reaction Score
Too much talent on this team. Players either step up or the next man will. Simple as that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's only played 22% of his minutes at the 5 this year, the majority of his minutes have been with either Whaley or Sanogo on the floor too

When Whaley has been on the floor, Akok has mostly been the 5. I think that’s a mistake.

Reaction Score
Seems like the biggest difference is that we really needed Akok his freshman year. He was playing big minutes no matter how he was playing and that gave him the opportunities and confidence to make big impacts. Now that we've brought in more talented players, he doesn't get the luxury of playing 12-15 minutes a half and working through his mistakes.

I also believe that his current game is too similar to Whaley at the moment but probably a little less refined. They're both athletic and quick enough to guard stretch 4s but can be overmatched versus bigger centers. Neither are great scorers in the post but are active on the offensive glass, and both have a big-time ability to alter and block shots on the defensive side. Where do you find minutes for Akok when Hurley is calling Whaley our most important player? Without Whaley's energy, we look like a different team.

Reaction Score
I agree he struggles with physicality against good big men. Having said that, I thought his corner threes help him as a stretch 4 man. However, Whaley hitting 3 threes last game neutralizes that advantage for playing time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom