Seeing 10 years into the future | The Boneyard

Seeing 10 years into the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's 2021 and there are 6 teams left in the big east conf...Providence, St Johns, Seton Hall, Holy Cross, St Peters, and St Aloysius Prep...after the recent defection of UCONN to the MAC conf. League Commish John Marinatto suggests raising the exit fees from $15 million to $25 million and comments that the increased exit fees will also help pay for the as yet unfinished 100 ft tall bronze statue of Dave Gavitt, scheduled to be unvailed in Providence in 2022.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Doesn't sound all that good to me. Any other options?

Reaction Score
I'll take a stab at this game, in ten years.

UConn fires their third head coach since Calhoun retired after going 12-20. In a desperate move they hire Geno Auriemma to take over.

After 10 years of playing in Conference USA/MWC before dwindling crowds, the football team signs a 4 game home and home series with ND, 3 to be played in South Bend with UConn's home game to be played at Soldier Field, Chicago. UMass, last year's Orange Bowl winner, agrees to play UConn for it's home coming game in Foxboro.

UConn begins the process for readmitance to the Big East for basketball and announces they will go independent for football in 2023.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

UConn fires their third head coach since Calhoun retired after going 12-20. In a desperate move they hire Geno Auriemma to take over.

After 10 years of playing in Conference USA/MWC before dwindling crowds, the football team signs a 4 game home and home series with ND, 3 to be played in South Bend with UConn's home game to be played at Soldier Field, Chicago. UMass, last year's Orange Bowl winner, agrees to play UConn for it's home coming game in Foxboro.

UConn begins the process for readmitance to the Big East for basketball and announces they will go independent for football in 2023.

That sounds like Providence (without the football or past success).

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
In 10 years, outgoing President Herbst announces that once again the University of Connecticut will decline invitations to join the B1G, SEC and the ACC for all sports. "UConn is grateful for the offers, however, we are enjoying our football independence and are grateful that we participate in all other sports in the ACC. We have renewed our home and home agreement with Notre Dame for the next five years. Once again, we'll host 3 of the 5 games at the Rent. Golly, it's nice to say that Notre Dame and the ACC is our bitch!"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In ten years, Providence is blowing Holy Cross for their used sneakers and begging Rhode Island for a 2-for-1 home and home series. Xavier celebrates their seventh straight Big East title since the A-10 won the conference's name with a $1,284 bid in an Ebay auction.

John Marinatto issues a press release announcing that the Big East will be 'just fine' and is considering extending invitations to up to 237 programs including the Culinary Institute, the New England Patriots and the University of Hungary.

The conference's official logo is a unicorn.

Reaction Score

Boy, Drunken Friar....you really are a drunken friar.........

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Andre LeFleur and PC hold off Holy Apostles College and Seminary by 6 at the Cromwell Town Hall to advance to the Big East Tournament Final. They will meet either Assumpton or Notre Dame College for the title at the Son's of Italy in East Providence.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
In 2016 the residents of East Hartford win an injunction against the Rent to prevent all traffic and noise arising from events at the Rent. In 2021 the Rent is effectively closed for 5 years and a home to birds, feral cats, and the Hartford Homeless.

In 2017 Governor Ken Krayeske signs legislation capping the salaries of UConn Coaches at $1.

In 2018 the XL Center is closed by the Department of Health. The penson fund crisis limits all funding options to refurb the XL and bring it up to the stringent safety and health standards passed under the Krayeske government. A Chinese firm bids to tear it down and replace it with an open air Charter School teaching Mandarin to Hartford students.

In 2019 the BE locates it offices to Providence Texas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Providence_Village,_Texas

BE teams are paid as scrimmage partners for Texas HS teams and the media contract is for games televised on the Longhorn Network. Howard Baldwin hosts an old-fashioed Jersey Night with UConn Huskies and Whalers gear on display in the parking lot of the local WalMart Med center.

Reaction Score
In ten years the ACC finally allows UConn to get their first paycheck from TV contract. (Part of the requirements to be allowed into the ACC)

New motto for UConn president Jim Calhoun is #beggars can't be choosey.

New head of the ACC Flipper calls Jim Calhoun his b*tch at every opportunity.

Reaction Score
That sounds like Providence (without the football or past success).
After all these years you still have an inferiority complex over that fine institution that uses my bretheren as their mascot? Shame on ya and give thanks they gave you a chance all those years ago.

For your penance I want you rooting for the Irish this weekend. Will be playin those cheaten thugs from USC. First night game in years in South Bend; it will be a sight.

Reaction Score
In 10 years, outgoing President Herbst announces that once again the University of Connecticut will decline invitations to join the B1G, SEC and the ACC for all sports. "UConn is grateful for the offers, however, we are enjoying our football independence and are grateful that we participate in all other sports in the ACC. We have renewed our home and home agreement with Notre Dame for the next five years. Once again, we'll host 3 of the 5 games at the Rent. Golly, it's nice to say that Notre Dame and the ACC is our bitch!"
You go to far with your childish fantasies, callin the fair lady that word. Same for you, you'll be rootin for the Irish as well.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
You go to far with your childish fantasies, callin the fair lady that word. Same for you, you'll be rootin for the Irish as well.

Nah, I'm not in the habit of rooting for an anachronism.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dateline October 2021

Providence College announces its new admittance exam has been a big success. The campaign entitled "Draw the Friar" has helped the troubled college decrease the rate of decline of applicants. A university spokesman said "We were surprised that any scam, uh admission plan, based on a picture inside of a match book could be so successful - I mean who even uses matches anymore. Sure our Freshman class has disproportianal representation of stoners and the homeless but we feel these communities can be a growth area for us."
thumbnail.aspx

Reaction Score
There's only one way I'll ever root for the Irish. If they go to the ACC for all sports, and UConn goes with them. Then, and only then, will I ever support the Irish in any way, until my death.

:::cue Blazing Saddles, "Irish" scene:::
Even then, you should hate them.

Reaction Score
Boy, Drunken Friar....you really are a drunken friar.........
Guilty as charged.., I read my post again, it was a bit over the top. The chances of UConn getting back into the Big East once they leave. That one was out there.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
After all these years you still have an inferiority complex over that fine institution that uses my bretheren as their mascot? Shame on ya and give thanks they gave you a chance all those years ago.

For your penance I want you rooting for the Irish this weekend. Will be playin those cheaten thugs from USC. First night game in years in South Bend; it will be a sight.

I will indeed be pulling for Notre Dame if that gives you sustenance.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Troll picks up fishing rod. Troll sets bait. Troll casts line. Many posters hooked. Troll celebrates.

Reaction Score
10 years into the future...

There are 4 super conferences in basketball and 5 in football. and about 1000 teams

Northeast
Southeast
West coast
Great Plains
International

The out of conference schedule is 50 games long and conference is about another 20 games

and there finally is a playoff system in college football and for teams that don't make playoffs, there are 20 bowls.

Talk about being on some good ****. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon