Sedona Prince | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The big question I see withe bringing in either Sedona or Morrow is are these two worth slowing the development of Jana or Ice for one year. I say no.

We know Ice and Jana are going to get significant minutes next year. This is critical to their development and the team's development. These two are also members of the team. There is a bond that has developed. Is it worth risking that for one year?

Too many here are looking for a quick fix. There is no quick fix for development talent you have recruited and signed. Morrow is a forward, not a center. We have Aaliyah. We are fine there. Sedona is 6' 7". She has not shown much Oregon. Again, too many here are enamored with the big banger down low. Not worth the gamble.
Yes, this. Boneyarders are always saying Geno needs to play the bench more to help player development but where will the minutes come from with 15 on the bench? Paige and Aaliyah aren’t going to sit much, either

Reaction Score
6'7" would be nice, but I would prefer to see Amari Deberry take a big leap this off season, and push for some significant minutes next year. She is long, can shoot from the 3 in, and is a shot blocker. Footwork and positioning on d/boxing out, needs work. She also needs to learn how to stay out of foul trouble. These are all teachable things. Heck if Nika can learn to stay (mostly) out of foul trouble, anyone can.

Reaction Score
The big question I see withe bringing in either Sedona or Morrow is are these two worth slowing the development of Jana or Ice for one year. I say no.

We know Ice and Jana are going to get significant minutes next year. This is critical to their development and the team's development. These two are also members of the team. There is a bond that has developed. Is it worth risking that for one year?

Too many here are looking for a quick fix. There is no quick fix for development talent you have recruited and signed. Morrow is a forward, not a center. We have Aaliyah. We are fine there. Sedona is 6' 7". She has not shown much Oregon. Again, too many here are enamored with the big banger down low. Not worth the gamble.
How do you think bringing in either of these two would slow down Jana or Ice's development ?? It would help them tremendously with the competition.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As Southie previously stated, Prince is not a center. She averaged 4.9 rebounds a game - and she’s 6-7. She’s not interested in banging in the post. I also think recruiting over all of the five forwards already on UConn’s roster is a very bad idea.

Peoples’ obsession with an extra inch or two of height is bordering on the absurd at this point.

Reaction Score
I would love for Sedona to come to UConn. Talk about a solid BIG. She has decent rebounding ability, great court vision, mid-range game is on point. Her footwork is outstanding! Defense is okay. Not great but okay. But like a few people have already stated, we want our bench players to get quality game experience & minutes. We want our players to develop. Adding Sedona would diminish any minutes for Ice, Amari, and Jana plus limit Sedona's minutes.

Reaction Score
How do you think bringing in either of these two would slow down Jana or Ice's development ?? It would help them tremendously with the competition.
Maybe. Maybe not. So many things to consider with that whole thing. The competition may help them develop, which is a good thing and the opposite could happen, which nobody wants. But if in that competition what would happen to Prince or Morrow's playing time if they were beat out? Would they stay? Would they be okay sitting the bench getting little to no minutes after transferring? How would that impact team chemistry when you have two players that were starters getting minutes, shot attempts, and helping their previous team? They would go from lead singer to background vocalist shaking the maracas.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
She is from Texas and TCU just landed former Oregon assistant Mark Campbell.

Could be something to keep an eye on!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Assuming that Geno did make Sedona a previous offer to accept her as a transfer which she turned down to go to Oregon in 2019, has any other player ever been offered to attend UConn a 2nd time after turning Geno down?

Of course there's always a first time, but what are the odds & where is the precedent?
Brittany Hunter chose Duke over Uconn, but transfered to Uconn. Unfortunately she was never fully healthy.

Reaction Score
Do NOT take Prince....Watched her play in high school....(Just minutes from Austin (UT)...Sat out first year with an injury she got in USA basketball prior to the season....Then bailed on the Longhorns, blaming the lack of medical attention she received at Texas...(Find that pretty hard to believe)...Went to Oregon and never really put up the kind of numbers you'd expect from someone 6'7"...Not sure she wants to come off the bench at Uconn. Plus, she's got way too many tattoos for Uconn...!!!..and coming off another injury/surgery.....

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Assuming that Geno did make Sedona a previous offer to accept her as a transfer which she turned down to go to Oregon in 2019, has any other player ever been offered to attend UConn a 2nd time after turning Geno down?

Of course there's always a first time, but what are the odds & where is the precedent?
brittany hunter

Reaction Score
If Prince and Edwards were the front court, you could still start Azzi, Paige, and Nika.

Note: I would take Prince or Morrow, just so they didn’t go anywhere else

Reaction Score
6'7" would be nice, but I would prefer to see Amari Deberry take a big leap this off season, and push for some significant minutes next year. She is long, can shoot from the 3 in, and is a shot blocker. Footwork and positioning on d/boxing out, needs work. She also needs to learn how to stay out of foul trouble. These are all teachable things. Heck if Nika can learn to stay (mostly) out of foul trouble, anyone can.
I don’t have a good feeling of Amari taking a big leap this year unfortunately for her I think she’s going to be passed by Paterson and Brady and pushed by Jana. She seems to be a really nice young lady and her teammates really look like they like her but I don’t know if she’s got the drive or the heart.

Reaction Score
As Southie previously stated, Prince is not a center. She averaged 4.9 rebounds a game - and she’s 6-7. She’s not interested in banging in the post. I also think recruiting over all of the forwards already on UConn’s roster is a very bad idea. There are five forwards. Peoples’ obsession with an extra inch or two of height is bordering on the absurd at this point.

At this point? I think we passed the absurd border on "bigs" a while ago.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
haven’t seen anything in two seasons now that would indicate that this is possible

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Note: I would take Prince or Morrow, just so they didn’t go anywhere else

This isn't MLB. I don't think you're going to see that type of maneuvering in WCBB.

Reaction Score
She hasn't learned this things yet what makes you think she is going to now. I hope she does but it doesn't look good for the future. I would take one of the 6'7" girls in a heartbeat. You can't teach height .

Reaction Score
UConn should not go anywhere near Sedona Prince imo. She seemed to negatively affect Oregon's team chemistry during her time there, and I don't think she's a good enough player to warrant all the extra distractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom