Sedona Prince | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince

Reaction Score
Point taken.

Either way, taking shots on twitter because you didn't get your way is futile. If they think that's gonna help other waivers (for any school), they're wrong.
Eventually the NCAA by their doing things in the backrooms, with no explanation is going to cause the government to act, and that is always bad.

Reaction Score
This decision is beyond baffling, She should have had one of the strongest cases I’ve seen. To get hurt while playing for your country should also have carried weight. Sedona is missing two years with one due to problems stemming from her recovery and the care and support she was receiving. I hate the NCAA for their lack of consistency and their arbitrary cloakroom decisions!

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
This decision is beyond baffling, She should have had one of the strongest cases I’ve seen. To get hurt while playing for your country should also have carried weight. Sedona is missing two years with one due to problems stemming from her recovery and the care and support she was receiving. I hate the NCAA for their lack of consistency and their arbitrary cloakroom decisions!
Maybe there were no facts or proof to support her allegations of improper medical care . . .

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Saw this post on a different board regarding news of Sedona's denied appeal:

I like that student-athletes can leave a program that's not a fit just as coaches can choose not to renew a scholarship or recruit a player -- but I HATE that the transfer portal life turns mostly decent folks into liars so they can get their way.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm with you except for he part about "getting hurt playing for your country carrying weight".
I disagree with that and don't think it was or should have been a factor here.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This math is a bit off. Sedona broke both her tibia and fibula in early August 2018, and it was immediately known that she would need surgery and that she'd miss the 2018-19 season:

Since Oregon applied for a waiver to allow her to play in 2019-20, it's not accurate to say that the alleged problems with her recovery and care caused her to miss a second year.

Reaction Score
Saw this post on a different board regarding news of Sedona's denied appeal:

I like that student-athletes can leave a program that's not a fit just as coaches can choose not to renew a scholarship or recruit a player -- but I HATE that the transfer portal life turns mostly decent folks into liars so they can get their way.
Kind of like running for office and then going to D.C.? Once decent folks turned to liars.

Reaction Score

In the Pac, schollies are for four years, minimum. Coaches can't pull scholarships. That's a trend started at a couple schools (incl. my OSU), was adopted by the Pac a while ago, and is spreading around the country.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In the Pac, schollies are for four years, minimum. Coaches can't pull scholarships. That's a trend started at a couple schools (incl. my OSU), was adopted by the Pac a while ago, and is spreading around the country.
That rule/practice has been in place for 4 years now in the P5 plus some other schools and is often misunderstood and overstated. All the rule says is that universities CANNOT cancel or choose to not renew a scholarship for "poor athletic performance". A coach can cancel a scholarship for any other reason such as wearing a nose piercing (allegedly) or being late for a practice or class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom