Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads] | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads]

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
He's also making a run at Prince, and not for the purposes of sitting on the bench.
I think if Geno is actively recruiting Prince then he is not making the progress he would like in recruiting the other targets on UConn's lists. Mind you I said I think, not that it is a reality. Others may not agree.

Reaction Score
So, back to what the thread was originally about Sedona Prince being in the transfer portal and if she and UConn are expressing serious interest in each other. I did go in the UT WCBB thread and frankly, there were some board posts negative towards Karen Aston’s lack of development and potential hostile environment. A minor knock on Sedona’s lack of interaction due to injury.This pales in negativity displayed daily on every thread on VolNation and is mild to the hostility and denigration show towards Evina Westbrook which was some of the worst I have ever seen.
Some Long Horn fans seem in tune that Karen is lacking as a coach and clueless on offense. Some however seem perfectly happy with her efforts. :rolleyes:

getting spanked on a regular basis by Baylor doesn't help Aston's cause very much

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think if Geno is actively recruiting Prince then he is not making the progress he would like in recruiting the other targets on UConn's lists. Mind you I said I think, not that it is a reality. Others may not agree.

At this late date, I believe Prince knows where she wants to go. I also believe Geno and staff have done all of the recruiting (contacts, visits, face-to-face meetings) they're going to do for the upcoming season. I also believe Geno already knows if he's getting Prince or not.

Whoever they were able to "bag" is already in the fold. Geno is either waiting for the right time to announce it, or is respectfully allowing the recruit(s) to make their own announcement via social medial whenever they are ready to do so. Notice I said THEY? ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At this late date, I believe Prince knows where she wants to go. I also believe Geno and staff have done all of the recruiting (contacts, visits, face-to-face meetings) they're going to do for the upcoming season. I also believe Geno already knows if he's getting Prince or not.

Whoever they were able to "bag" is already in the fold. Geno is either waiting for the right time to announce it, or is respectfully allowing the recruit(s) to make their own announcement via social medial whenever they are ready. Notice I said THEY? ;)
They or Their???
Not much to disagree with. Or not much with which to disagree. (no proposition on the end). That BIG (with regrets to @meyers7 ) or Post we were hoping to acquire will not arrive this season.
I'm not one who things ONO "needs" another BIG to give her a breather. If Touly and Evelyn work out that issue may not be as huge as it appeared. Obviously, I am not @Carnac so I'm stuck with earthly limitations. Not being facetious or argumentative but what THEY or THEIR are you referring??

Reaction Score
Private info, but also public in the shape of Shea following Prince's twitter account and Jasmine following Prince's mom's IG account.
When the pressure’s on, the secret weapon is to work through the mother. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They or Their???
Not much to disagree with. Or not much with which to disagree. (no proposition on the end). That BIG (with regrets to @meyers7 ) or Post we were hoping to acquire will not arrive this season.
I'm not one who things ONO "needs" another BIG to give her a breather. If Touly and Evelyn work out that issue may not be as huge as it appeared. Obviously, I am not @Carnac so I'm stuck with earthly limitations. Not being facetious or argumentative but what THEY or THEIR are you referring??

Sorry for the confusion. Sometimes I don’t proof read my comments adequately before I press send, and it may seem a bit confusing. “They” as in more than one. :) Put me down for wanting to have another big on the roster for lots of reasons.

I join those who expect ONO to start and have a phenomenal year. Last year she played like the freshman she was. That ship has sailed. She learned a lot last year, and is now ready to assume a starting role on the team.
I fully expect her to make the leap this summer, similar to the one Megan Walker and Crystal Dangerfield made as they transitioned from their freshman to sophomore year.

Regardless of the best thought out plans, we all know that sometimes crap happens!! (like when Stevens unexpectedly chose not to return for her red-shirt senior year). When it does, it’s always nice to have a backup (plan b) that you can plug in with little or no drop off in play (production) or expectation.

Yes, it’s possible to have too many bigs, but when was the last time UConn had “too many”? :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol I guess Geno should dust off that old double post offense play book.
@CocoHusky---Again, I come to you for the words of reason---STATED: Departing Texas for "MEDICAL REASONS" --concerns me, any idea what that means??

Reaction Score
Bellemare, do your earthly limitations referenced include grammar? I believe the word you intended was "preposition" and not "proposition".
I suspect rather than Grammar this Preposition is a proposition of spelling.

Reaction Score
What are the "medical reasons" someone would transfer away from a school?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@CocoHusky---Again, I come to you for the words of reason---STATED: Departing Texas for "MEDICAL REASONS" --concerns me, any idea what that means??
I have no idea. If had to guess it would be along the lines of what has been speculated here already- that Prince and her family were not happy with the medical treatment and rehabilitation she was receiving at Texas. Or that medical reasons was paving the groundwork for a waiver application to be immediate eligible at her next stop. My concerns are for her health foremost and second that she does not end up at ND.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kind of like Kevin Durant is "probably" about to depart the GS warriors for "medical reasons". i'e., The doctors cleared him to play and they "probably" should not have and now he may never be the same.

Reaction Score
They or Their???

Don't fool yourself Uconn does need another center this year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Lol I guess Geno should dust off that old double post offense play book.
Or at least take a good look at the Hi/Lo and/or his varied option off the skinny post.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Kind of like Kevin Durant is "probably" about to depart the GS warriors for "medical reasons". i'e., The doctors cleared him to play and they "probably" should not have and now he may never be the same.
Or at least explain to a player, to whom they swore up and down that his injury was an injured calf, how a calf injury leads to a ruptured achilles? I've had a calf injury where the muscle virtually pulled itself off the bone and I've had a strained achilles. The feel of the two are totally different. Also after the achilles injury the blood pooled around my ankles.

Reaction Score
Don't fool yourself Uconn does need another center this year.

Need? LOL It's hard to find one able to play at a UConn level and you think they need 2. Maybe they need 3. After all 2 could get hurt. :rolleyes:

Here's a fable for you. Try and figure out which of the characters represent Geno and which represents some UConn fans.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I have no idea. If had to guess it would be along the lines of what has been speculated here already- that Prince and her family were not happy with the medical treatment and rehabilitation she was receiving at Texas. Or that medical reasons was paving the groundwork for a waiver application to be immediate eligible at her next stop. My concerns are for her health foremost and second that she does not end up at ND.
Thanks @CocoHusky--I suspected it may be MEDICAL to get the waiver. I just hope it is not about getting a walking wounded when we expect a kid that hits the floor swatting layups into the hinterlands. Thanks Coco. Ooops ND never entered my mushy region (brain).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom