Second round opponent - what say you? | The Boneyard

Second round opponent - what say you?

Who do you think is a better opponent for us in the 2nd round?

• Alabama

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Baylor

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I don't know much about either team, so wondering if anyone has some insight as to pros/cons of our next matchup.

Reaction Score
I was thinking Baylor. But the way they are getting thumped right now…it’s still the end of the first quarter, but yikes.

Reaction Score
Weird to see a Baylor team look like this

UCONN should beat either by a good margin but Alabama probably a bit of a tougher matchup to deal with. Big 12 off to a rough start in the tourney. SEC while not very top heavy has had a pretty strong showing so far and this game is on par

Reaction Score
John Tuite hinted that UConn might have a late tip off. I hope I misunderstood him. It was the postgame show.

Reactions: mmt
Reaction Score
Alabama could be a tough game.. they like to shoot the 3 and if they are hot could make it closer than I would like.. we tend to give up a lot of open 3 s…

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter!! Whichever team plays UConn on Monday WILL be in trouble!!!! UConn will be raining 3's, because so many of their 3's didn't fall today :).

Reaction Score
Both of these teams are looking like they could cause problems. Some of the UCONN upsets in recent years have come against teams that have gotten extremely hot from three, and both of these teams shoot the three. UCONN played really good defense today, but Vermont got too many open looks on the perimeter. Giving up those looks on Monday might be more problematic than it was today. Something to focus on in practice tomorrow so there is no upset!

Reaction Score
Neither Alabama nor Baylor poses any kind of threat. Neither team has a credible post game to counter ours, and their guard play is not in our class. We could start Inês Ayanna and Amari and run away with the game against either one.

Reaction Score
They are both shooting the 3 pretty good. That part of our game will need to improve

Reaction Score
Both teams shooting outstanding from 3, but no way will either do this vs a defense with a pulse moving forward. Just wide open after wide open looks

All I could think of was Ole Miss vs Gonzaga last night. What a difference defense makes

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is an "off-topic question. Villanova's Maddie Siegrist (God loves her) lit up Cleavland St. today for 35 points on 15 of 28 shots. I just wonder how many points Azzi, Caroline, or Lou could get if they put it up 28 times. :eek: The interesting thing about THAT query is..........we'll never know. :(

Reaction Score
Fans are over confident by nature and panic too early in a game. The UCONN team on the other hand will come out and take every opponent like they are the best in the business. You don't get to 14 FF in a row if your team isn't disciplined in their approach to the opponent.
I thought today the team looked their best so far this season. AE was dominant, the perimeter players made a commitment to get her the ball and they played good defense. Azzi looked really good but her shot is just a tad bit off but she is about to explode and that could be Monday or next weekend. Caroline finally had a good shooting day which will help her confidence moving forward. Lou had another good shooting game but didn't get too many today.

Reaction Score
After looking at Baylor and what they did over the season I think they are in big trouble if UCONN plays close to their potential. They are not going to match up with UCONN at all and I think UCONN can and will defend the 3pt line and completely own the inside.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Watched the Baylor/ Bama game. A few things stood out.

Neither team plays good defense. Players unaware of were their man is on the court. Defense on both teams was slow to react to the ball movement.

On offense, both teams shot well above their season average for 3's. I attribute some of that to poor defense. Both teams have guards who dribble too much and get caught in the lane with nowhere to go.

I would not expect Baylor to shoot well from the three point line. Plus they will see a defense that can pressure and stay with their guards. I see Aaliyah and Dorka giving Baylor all sorts of problems in the paint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom