Second Half Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Second Half Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Watched the game on HuskyVision. Not the greatest way to watch but it'll do for an exhibition. But the strangest thing is the placement of ads on the screen whenever foul shots are being taken. If you'd never seen a basketball game before, you'd never know there was such a thing as a foul shot.

They looked nervous in the first few minutes but came on like gangbusters for a rout. KML looks wonderful. Great three point shooter. Brianna Banks and Kiah Stokes look very promising. I thought the most impressive was Michala Johnson. Certainly, did a lot more tonight than in any game last year. The announcers said that she looked like she'd gained some weight and some bulk. She was awfully skinny last year. Was sad to see Caroline still sitting on the bench in her street clothes. I really can't wait to see her play (hopefully vs. Holy Cross). And, most important, Tiffany looked like she was playing with more heart. Lots of assists and layups, especially early.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
So the birthday girl is "as advertised" if not better.

DaddyChoc and I knew it. :)
Count me in that group. I have expected her to exceed peoples imaginations. Just like I thought Stef would last year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Anything about Bria??

Bria was very good tonight. Her shot from long-distance was a little off, but loved her rebounding and her ability to immediately start the break. She's going to have a great year.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I wish Kiah had MJ's ability to ffinish at the rim...
She has plenty of time and it will get better but MJ just has that knack.

Kara had it about right - Stokes is talented, athletic, good reach and quickness, but does not yet have a 'presence' on the floor. (Pretty much what you would expect from a freshman 'big' in her first exhibition game :)) This will come in time, if things go as expected.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
CD on postgame:

First time out, not knowing what to expect. Took a while to get going tonight.

Tiff -- very consistent at practice. Trying to get her to get others involved; she did that tonight. She was affected by the way last season ended and has used that to fuel her effort this season. She has been as good as anyone at practice. She's trying to do more on the court, grabbing rebounds, creating more, putting the ball on the floor. Tonight she went after rebounds she might have watched last season. She has a sense of urgency in her senior season.

Stef is really good shooter and depending on how people choose to play her she will shoot perimeter shots. They are working with her on that. Don't want her to get married to it, but she'll take shots from everywhere because she can make them. Stef needs to continue to improve her rebounding. She's going to have a great impact in the offense the team will be running this season. She's a high energy kid and the team will need to feed off that.

KML is a great shooter, but she's more than that. She has impressed CD as a basketball player. KML is very strong; you don't want to run in to her. She's in much better shape. "She's going to be a good one." (For CD talking about a freshman, that is glowing praise.)

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Very good summary, Cat. You captured all the important things CD said.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
This is great reporting so far. Could someone do an in-depth on Banks?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This is great reporting so far. Could someone do an in-depth on Banks?

Interesting that you would ask - I just did a short random write-up on her and started a thread. Didn't see your post til now! freaky

Reaction Score
It is the scoreboard feed meant for the people actually inside of the building. The people the video feed was meant for can see whether or not a free throw is made. Just as they can see the score, the time remaining, etc.
Watched the game on HuskyVision. Not the greatest way to watch but it'll do for an exhibition. But the strangest thing is the placement of ads on the screen whenever foul shots are being taken. If you'd never seen a basketball game before, you'd never know there was such a thing as a foul shot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"She's going to be a good one.". I've heard that before. Maybe 4 years ago.

And CD's "good" is not the same as most people's "good."

Reaction Score
Bria was very good tonight. Her shot from long-distance was a little off, but loved her rebounding and her ability to immediately start the break. She's going to have a great year.

Thanks UConnCat

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
It is the scoreboard feed meant for the people actually inside of the building. The people the video feed was meant for can see whether or not a free throw is made. Just as they can see the score, the time remaining, etc.

Scotter, thank you for that information. It's okay for inside the building. But they are charging people actual money for the coverage from people outside the building, and the least they could do is show the foul shots. It is part of the the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom