Second Half Thread | The Boneyard

Second Half Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
We're still stinking up the joint.

We cannot dribble, pass, shoot or rebound (or coach).

Other than that, SUPER!

Reaction Score
what exactly is our offensive game plan? horrid possessions, no movement, all one on one...

Reaction Score
what exactly is our offensive game plan? horrid possessions, no movement, all one on one...
Better yet one on one with RS who has no offensive game. LOL. Just get the ball to JL and let him do his magic. Why no touches inside for AD. Our PG's suck right now.

Reaction Score
AD and AO are fairly useless against a zone at this point. plus our guards are not even looking inside. we're essentially playing 3 on 5 for the most part.

Reaction Score
We're still stinking up the joint.

We cannot dribble, pass, shoot or rebound (or coach).

Other than that, SUPER!

Every team is entitled to "at least" one "cough up a hairball" type game that can be a real jumpstarter. And I have to say that this team has played with a sense of entitlement that they clearly don't deserve. Giving up leads frequently; and Shabazz' lack of game to game consistency running the point(decisions,turnovers,personal offensive production,lazy perimeter defense) are just two examples. Assuming there is no improvement tonight; this is exactly the type of game JC will feed on headed into the RAC this weekend followed by tough home games vs. Huggins' boys and Cinci and road games at ND and Tennessee. I can live with an "L" here especially a really pissy "L". AND, this is STILL a very young team looking for an identity and leadership post-Kemba....which imo is going to be an on-going and difficult process. AND, if we get the "W" our character and confidence get huge boosts. The game's a win-win for me.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Time to lock up on D - that's Job One.

They'll figure out the other stuff later...

Reaction Score
Blaney sucks. Can we get SN out of the game and put NG in there at least we will have some defense. Have RB run the point. Please.

Reaction Score
napier looks frustrated. if he is concerned about the no-calls, he needs to suck it up and keep his cool. he has an opportunity to prove what kind of leader he is tonight.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone else think our guys are getting mugged and no foul while they call every ticky-tack foul possible on our guards?

Reaction Score
Tough to beat a team that is unconscious from three point land. Couple that with our problems and look at the outcome...

Reaction Score
Just one of those nights. Seton Hall may be good ...but they're not THAT good.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Someone took the time to post from Rangoon, Burma for score updates. And now i am posting from Wallingford for score updates.

Would appreciate.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Someone took the time to post from Rangoon, Burma for score updates. And now i am posting from Wallingford for score updates.

Would appreciate.

Them: a lot
Us: a little

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

Would appreciate.
You don't really want to know, do you?

Reaction Score
We're down 66-50 with four minutes left. Shabazz is pouting, no one is moving their feet, we just look terrible.

Reaction Score
You don't want to know... 66-50, 3 and change to go. Go back to what you're doing.

Reaction Score
Yeah this is an ugly game. No defense and one on one on offense all game.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This game has the potential of getting ugly and I don't mean the score. The Huskies, especially Napier, are very frustrated with the lack of foul calls. I hope nobody does anything stupid to get ejected or suspended. I also agree that we had a chance before that barrage of 3's.

Reaction Score
Napier seems pissed. Fortunately, he hasn't totally lost his cool. Unfortunately, he's decided to keep chucking shots.

Reaction Score
It would be nice if Drummond does that rebounding thingamajig once in a while.

Reaction Score
The zebras were very poor and one sided in the first, and SH's normally terrible 3 point shooting wasn't terrible at all in the 2nd... Either of those things don't happen and. Uconn probably wins...

That said, SH is a good team, and was up for this (unlike at Cuse where they just layed over and took it in the ). Also, the real issue here is our poor ball handling, poor rebounding, and poor execution in the first half.

Fortunately... There will be many more games... And there will be Calhoun... Blaney didn't stop the bleeding when he should have (that technical should have happened midway through first. Half when we were getting home jobbed out of the building).

Reaction Score
Recommend turning on Michigan state vs Wisconsin... One of the few games where the big ten is fun to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom