Second Half of the Season ... | The Boneyard

Second Half of the Season ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

So much season let and anything is possible. I'm a little jealous that RU gets WVU on ABC next week. Talk about being relevant again and putting your name out there for Big 10 and ACC. A very large part of me wants RU to lose this game because I DO NOT want them winning this conference. The other part wants to see WVU go down giving us a glimpse of hope. Pick your poison..

Lets not forget that WVU plays at USF at the end of the season. If UConn can win out, and WVU goes down in these next few weeks then having to end the sesaon @ USF well we might see some Deja vu.
Pitt hasn't looked too great as of late, under Edsall it seemed like we often came off bye weeks cold and rusty. Lets hope this isn't the case next Wednsday. If we can pull off Pitt we are back to .500 with Rutgers and Cuse at home and UL looking promising. The biggest challenge for us this rest of the season will be @Cinci... and yes I still have that 2009 Cinci UConn ABC game on Tivo. What a come back that could have been!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Pitt was something like 2-8 coming off of a bye under the stache - we can only hope that trend continues...

Reaction Score
Rutgers is not in the same class as WVU this year. With the exception of Pitt (which is looking very suspect right now) and their FCS win, they have not looked good. Beating Ohio, Navy, and the Cuse in close games is not impressing me in the least. Sure, the 5-1 looks good but it is not a very good team. Even though WVU runs hot and cold quarter to quarter, I think they win this one pretty handily.

Still early, but the best shot of WVU losing could be at Cinci on 11/12. If not, there is always hope against USF, since USF is to them what we are to USF.

Reaction Score
So much season let and anything is possible. I'm a little jealous that RU gets WVU on ABC next week. Talk about being relevant again and putting your name out there for Big 10 and ACC.

Don't ya just hate it when teams are relevant and have their names out there for the "Big Boy Conferences", not to mention playing on national TV. Jealous? Anxious? Both! This is too important a period of time for UConn to lose relevance on the football stage. Too much work has gone into getting them to the big stage like the Fiesta Bowl. As for relevance UConn has a chance to actually beat Rutgers on the field (as opposed to this board) and that should help out some in the relevance department.
b

Reaction Score
If the ACC expands, it will not be based on the 2011 football season records. If they were basing this on quality football teams, SU would be stuck in the BE and WVU would be looking forward to rekindling their rivalry w/VT.

Reaction Score
You wonder why people are on this board who live only to bemoan what our program isn't.

Since Joining the Big East, we are 4-3 against Pitt and 5-2 against Syracuse. That includes years where we suited up players recruited to play a non AQ schedule. The thought that our play not being good enough, compared to Pitt's and Syracuse's, contributed to this mess is just plain dumb.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
You wonder why people are on this board who live only to bemoan what our program isn't.

Since Joining the Big East, we are 4-3 against Pitt and 5-2 against Syracuse. That includes years where we suited up players recruited to play a non AQ schedule. The thought that our play not being good enough, compared to Pitt's and Syracuse's, contributed to this mess is just plain dumb.
thanks, as always, for telling everyone how they should think.

Reaction Score
thanks, as always, for telling everyone how they should think.

You are quite welcome. It's my sincere hope that one day I don't have to.

Seriously, you have to explain to me one day why it's o.k. for people to come onto the board and call coaches and school presidents and conference officials all sorts of names, but it's not o.k. to share opinions about statements made on this board by the people who come on here to post. You have every right to believe what I write is stupid and to call me out for it. That, at least, would contribute to the discussion as opposed to wanting to discuss how I communicate.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I
You are quite welcome. It's my sincere hope that one day I don't have to.

Seriously, you have to explain to me one day why it's o.k. for people to come onto the board and call coaches and school presidents and conference officials all sorts of names, but it's not o.k. to share opinions about statements made on this board by the people who come on here to post. You have every right to believe what I write is stupid and to call me out for it. That, at least, would contribute to the discussion as opposed to wanting to discuss how I communicate.
I don't think your opinions are stupid, quite the contrary actually. But your tone is a bit much for me at times -- Just my opinion though.

Reaction Score
If the ACC expands, it will not be based on the 2011 football season records. If they were basing this on quality football teams, SU would be stuck in the BE and WVU would be looking forward to rekindling their rivalry w/VT.
...and BC would have gotten kicked out for being a crappy team since they joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom