SEC Tournament Bracket and Discussion | Page 6 | The Boneyard

SEC Tournament Bracket and Discussion

Reaction Score
Don’t remember that ’ we were soundly beating them at any point in that game.
It's true that it was close all game. But I suspect what @CockyMecha is remembering is how Paige took over the game in the closing minutes and then in OT.

And just to keep @The deacon from getting mad at us, Caitlin also plays good D, though that's not what stands out about her game. But even so, I happen to agree with @CockyMecha and say that I like Paige better in every way, as a player, as a person, and as an ambassador of WBB.

Reaction Score
It's true that it was close all game. But I suspect what @CockyMecha is remembering is how Paige took over the game in the closing minutes and then in OT.

And just to keep @The deacon from getting mad at us, Caitlin also plays good D, though that's not what stands out about her game. But even so, I happen to agree with @CockyMecha and say that I like Paige better in every way, as a player, as a person, and as an ambassador of WBB.
Thank you for being so diplomatic about my dotage. Yes looks like it was much closer than I remembered, but you're right that Paige was just unstoppable that night. Wish more people were turned onto WBB at the time. I love the way she plays.

Reaction Score
I don't buy the Goliath argument at all. UCONN and TENN never had this problem in their prime. To be clear, I don't think Dawn is encouraging or fostering a culture that this type of behavior thrives in.....I think she doesn't shy away from recruiting kids who have a tendency to mix it up (other coaches do) and she works hard to change them (unlike Mulkey who seems to encourage it)....it is just taking Dawn quite a bit of time to squash their proclivities this year.
What problem? Standing up for your teammate is fine.

First post up of the game, ESPN showed replays of and praised Reese for running her mouth to Cardoso, and you can see Cardoso literally laugh it off. When her hair was pulled, she looked to the refs (in vain) but didn’t do anything. On the next possession, Reese picked up the Flagrant 1 for the contact to her head and Kamilla didn’t do anything. She no doubt heard and saw things to teammates throughout.

When FJ followed up the frustration intentional with the frustration shove, Cardoso shoved her back. Big deal. She was thrown out, as she should have been.

Swinging elbows in traffic or at a head is a problem, and the officials ignored that while the announcing crew highlighted the elbow while yucking it up about the player’s “intensity” (Morrow). That’s a problem. Pushing someone who pushed a teammate is not.

Same day, there was a shoving match in an NBA game. Stuff happens. I swear, I think some ITT have never played or watched sports before.

Reaction Score
In fairness I think a lot of people didn’t actually see the game. They saw a headline about a massive brawl, which was in fact two shoves and some talking.

there were posts that the six ejected players should be banned for the whole tournament if not for life.

do you think those folks actually looked at any footage of Tessa, Chloe, and Sakima to see what they did to merit this lifetime ban from sports? Of course not.

Reaction Score
In fairness I think a lot of people didn’t actually see the game. They saw a headline about a massive brawl, which was in fact two shoves and some talking.

there were posts that the six ejected players should be banned for the whole tournament if not for life.

do you think those folks actually looked at any footage of Tessa, Chloe, and Sakima to see what they did to merit this lifetime ban from sports? Of course not.
The media headlines didn't help the cause, either. With misleading and disingenuous article titles, I can see how people who never watched the incident would jump to conclusions.

Reaction Score
Kim Mulkey is right up there with Jeff Walz, awful examples for young folks.

Reaction Score

I agree. I heard about it via text while I was traveling and didn't see anything until later that night. Based on the media outlets I suspected near bloodshed but instead it was largely a nothing burger.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom