SEC Tournament Bracket and Discussion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SEC Tournament Bracket and Discussion

Reaction Score
That was a close escape that didn’t need to be that close. At this time of year, everyone is playing better basketball… except for the teams who were playing great basketball from the start.
As a UConn fan we both know this isn’t true. We didn’t play great basketball from the start and we csrtsinly aren’t playing great basketball now.

I do think Tennessee is a fluke team for South Carolina. The only team that really played them close and still couldn’t get the job done. I’d assume it’s their size they struggle with as they didn’t play many other big teams OOC. Not many big teams like that around the country so not sure it matters much. They should dog walk LSU or Ole Miss tomorrow.

Reaction Score
i think that Tennessee did have the confidence to pull the upset but that last sequence was just miserable for them.

I question greatly why they would use the fouls to give at that point.

South Carolina survives for a few hours anyway.

I think we are kind of a mess but maybe it's just the Tennessee matchup.
The goal is to win and advance. It doesn’t have to be pretty, and your team found a way to win today.

Reaction Score
What?
Last-Tear attempted to draw a charge and, upon contact, ended up falling backwards. She hit the back of her head hard on the floor. She was crying. Her teammates were able to bring her to her feet, but she couldn't stand on her own (Angel was propping her up). Members of the coaching staff/support staff came out and attempted to walk her off the court. She couldn't walk even with assistance. The medical staff came out and decided to lay her back on the floor until the EMTs arrived. They brought out the backboard and stretcher, secured her, and took her off the court. It was one of the scariest injuries I've seen in a LONG time. :(

Reaction Score
Last-Tear attempted to draw a charge and, upon contact, ended up falling backwards. She hit the back of her head hard on the floor. She was crying. Her teammates were able to bring her to her feet, but she couldn't stand on her own (Angel was propping her up). Members of the coaching staff/support staff came out and attempted to walk her off the court. She couldn't walk even with assistance. The medical staff came out and decided to lay her back on the floor until the EMTs arrived. They brought out the backboard and stretcher, secured her, and took her off the court. It was one of the scariest injuries I've seen in a LONG time. :(
I feel for her, and am wishing her well. But, with such a fall, and hitting of her head, I don’t think anyone knew they shouldn’t have lifted her. Let’s hope no serious damage has happened to her spinal column. Prayers, prayers, prayers, prayers for her!

Reaction Score
I’m just burning mad about the Poa play. It looked like the Ole Miss player lowered her shoulder and used her hip to flatten POA. It was clear that the injury with serious and the refs should have at least reviewed the play. The medical response to the injury was terrible. She never should’ve been moved and they were far too slow in getting help.

Reaction Score
I’m just burning mad about the Poa play. It looked like the Ole Miss player lowered her shoulder and used her hip to flatten POA. It was clear that the injury with serious and the refs should have at least reviewed the play. The medical response to the injury was terrible. She never should’ve been moved and they were far too slow in getting help.
Please stop. You've said this multiple times on here, trying to insinuate that Marquiesha Davis did something wrong/malicious. She didn't. Last-Tear Poa tried to take a charge by sliding into Davis' space and didn't get there in time. There was nothing malicious about what Davis did. Notice that Poa was called for the block despite the injury?

Everyone here wishes Last-Tear the best of luck in her recovery from a concussion. What's not needed is this unfounded belief that the injury was intentional by Davis. It was not.

Reaction Score
Please stop. You've said this multiple times on here, trying to insinuate that Marquiesha Davis did something wrong/malicious. She didn't. Last-Tear Poa tried to take a charge by sliding into Davis' space and didn't get there in time. There was nothing malicious about what Davis did. Notice that Poa was called for the block despite the injury?

Everyone here wishes Last-Tear the best of luck in her recovery from a concussion. What's not needed is this unfounded belief that the injury was intentional by Davis. It was not.
If twice is multiple, then my math skills aren’t all that good. It was mentioned in two threads, and I commented in two threads. It’s my prerogative to disagree with the call, which I thought was horrible and should’ve been at least reviewed.

Reaction Score
Will Mikaylah Williams will give it a go today?

LSU has a real heart of a champion/overcoming it all narrative to play for today.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Any outcome today, I'm proud of this team.
I Love You Heart GIF by nobodies.

Reaction Score
Any outcome today, I'm proud of this team.
I Love You Heart GIF by nobodies.
Honestly, LSU looks like a completely different team from the mess they were at the beginning of the season. I know we like to drag Kim Mulkey on this board, but she has done wonders and I think LSU is poised for another deep run in the NCAA tournament.

Cheers to an entertaining and injury-free SEC championship game. May the best team win!

Reaction Score
Honestly, LSU looks like a completely different team from the mess they were at the beginning of the season. I know we like to drag Kim Mulkey on this board, but she has done wonders and I think LSU is poised for another deep run in the NCAA tournament.

Cheers to an entertaining and injury-free SEC championship game. May the best team win!
As much as we all hated Woody Hayes, he was a helluva coach. Hey Kim.

Reaction Score
I know that stats say SCar is an excellent rebounding team but they really are not in the same time zone as last season.

Reaction Score
This South Carolina/LSU....jeez
Dawn created that culture at SC. There is something to be said about playing hard, and yes trash talking is part of it, but SC plays overly aggressive and in your face.

Reaction Score
Dawn created that culture at SC. There is something to be said about playing hard, and yes trash talking is part of it, but SC plays overly aggressive and in your face.
Also, Cardoso is so unskilled. She just throws the ball at the hoop and back board and hope it goes in. If she wasn’t 6’7, she would be a D3 player.

Reaction Score
It’s okay though. SC has had two escapes this year. They will not win the NC this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom