Preseason All-SEC
Caliya Robinson, Georgia
Anriel Howard, Mississippi State
Teaira McCowan, Mississippi State
Sophie Cunningham, Missouri
Alexis Jennings, South Carolina
Rennia Davis, Tennessee
Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M

Pretty solid list. Harris should be on there over Jennings though.

Tennessee at 3 may be a stretch given recent results but the talent is there to finish 2nd or 3rd. Not sure how voters put them ahead of Missouri.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Pretty solid list. Harris should be on there over Jennings though.

Tennessee at 3 may be a stretch given recent results but the talent is there to finish 2nd or 3rd. Not sure how voters put them ahead of Missouri.
Missouri lost Porter, one of their best and tallest players. She had so many injuries she decided not to play her senior year. I don't think they will be as good as they were last season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Mississippi State a lot will depend on guard play.
Tennessee has more post options this year. It depends on how much Kasi, and C. Green have improved. The guard play should be a strength.

Reaction Score
I expect a big year from Davis.
Davis is a strange player. She looks like she is sleepwalking half the time but still produces. She will stand still in the corner forever and just watch the offense. The first time I saw her play in the tourney i had no idea who she was and thought she was half dead or injured. In postgame after Tenn was eliminated she said I never want to feel like this again like she had all this competitive fire. It would have been convincing if she ever moved without the ball in the offense instead of playing in a trance.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Anyone know when ACC, SEC and PAC-12 media days are going to be and if they'll be televised?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Anyone know when ACC, SEC and PAC-12 media days are going to be and if they'll be televised?

Pac 12 media day was last Wednesday. It was on Pac 12 Network. I think they'll rebroadcast it several times between now and the start of the season.

Reaction Score
SEC WBB Media Day is Thursday. Will be covered on SEC Network. 12:00 - 3:00 on SEC Now, picked up at 3:00-7:00 on Finebaum Show.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

It was a couple of weeks ago..... The ACC. You can probably find stuff on it on the ACC site if you are so inclined. It wasnt televised... it was streamed though.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Does anyone know when the B1G media day is?

Reaction Score
SEC looks like a bit of a scrum.

Miss State I guess is as good a choice as anyone given they figure to have a star front court. I'm not sure I buy them as a national contender minus William, Schaeffer, Roundtree, and Viviens, but if they are replacing them with sound players they can just grind teams down perhaps.

I think South Carolina should be right in the mix, but I guess it could go the other way. But Staley has won with guards and decent posts before. We'll see what it looks like here in a few weeks.

Tennessee, who the hell knows. They lost a ton of experience and talented size and Warlick's teams don't necessarily seem precocious.

Georgia is interesting and a team I don't know a ton about. Keep an eye on them.

Missouri looks small this year. But I'm sure they will be edgy.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Did Andy Landers seriously ask Vic Schafer about Daphne White on live TV?? She transferred!!!!! Vic just looked down—barely answered the question and moved on. How embarrassing!!

Reaction Score
Honestly I was a little surprised to see MSU picked first but then gave it some thought and figured it was as likely them as anyone. Preseason events, polls and chats are really just to get the fans and teams excited about the upcoming games. I rarely put much stock in preseason because all coaches are going to say positive things about their players and upcoming season even if the talent isn't there.

Dawn will have SC ready. Georgia seems to be improving, Cunningham will win Mizzou a lot of games, and while the last few years haven't gone so well by their standards, TN has the players to make some noise if they put it all together. If Holmes picks it up a little and Taylor is a good as advertised MSU should be towards the top.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Did Andy Landers seriously ask Vic Schafer about Daphne White on live TV?? She transferred!!!!! Vic just looked down—barely answered the question and moved on. How embarrassing!!

Landers was feistier than usual at Media Days. Not sure what’s gotten into him but yeah... he was very snappy all day. It caught several coaches off guard... Dawn threw it back at him in a very casual way.

Reaction Score
Wazzu grad transfer Lou Brown tore her ACL on 1st day of practice at Tenn.
I was skeptical of how much she would contribute this year, but does make Vols thin front line even thinner.

Roster down to 10, and if you take out Harris who is out of her league, it's really 9. And I don't know about Frosh Burrell who wasnt top 100.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow, that's a bummer about Lou Brown. Seems like she was plagued by injuries at Wazzu as well. Reminiscent of Lili Thompson at ND last year, but at least she got to play a few games.

Oregon St. pursued Burrell fairly hard. Rueck seems to know what he's doing getting under the radar players that turn out better than expected. Of course she won't get the same level of coaching at Tennessee as she would have in Corvallis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom