Mikiah Herbert Harrigan, South Carolina
Rennia Davis, Tennessee
Ciera Johnson, Texas A&M
Mariella Fasoula, Vanderbilt

Complain away, fellow Bulldogs!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think the Lady Vols are underrated. They'll finish 3rd or 4th the lowest.

Reaction Score
8. LSU

XGSHvnt.gif

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I don't think those will be the final standings.

Reaction Score
Players I think having a chance to make one of those teams: Zay Green, Jordan Horston(tenn), Amber Smith(mizzou), Rickea Jackson, Jordan Danberry (miss st). There may be more, but this is what I thought of immediately

I think with Westbrook gone, Davis might make 1st team at Tenn. I also think Ty Harris could easily be replaced on the first team

Reaction Score
I would rather the pressure not be on SC but there is no doubt Dawn will have them ready to meet that expectation.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think Vic must've bribed the media under the table to down-vote his team and no-vote his players just to take the pressure off them and use it as motivation.

Reaction Score
I think Vic must've bribed the media under the table to down-vote his team and no-vote his players just to take the pressure off them and use it as motivation.
I agree, but at the same time, I could see them finishing third behind A&M and SC, depending on who steps up. As far as the players, I think Danberry was worthy of a second team, but no one else besides her really had a chance.

In 17-18 a ton of people had SC ahead of MSU in the regular-season after MSU lost four (?) starters, but MSU won by four games -- SEC race will be a lot more interesting than in recent years.

Reaction Score
I agree, but at the same time, I could see them finishing third behind A&M and SC, depending on who steps up. As far as the players, I think Danberry was worthy of a second team, but no one else besides her really had a chance.

In 17-18 a ton of people had SC ahead of MSU in the regular-season after MSU lost four (?) starters, but MSU won by four games -- SEC race will be a lot more interesting than in recent years.
I would have swapped A&M and South Carolina but I can also see why they have them in the current order. While South Carolina has a good bit of newcomers they also have a couple of strong key players returning. Likewise A&M has a strong core. Their biggest potential detriment is also their biggest reason for ranking them so high: C Carter. She is incredibly talented but too unpredictable as to what she will do.
I do think J Danberry for Mississippi State deserves at least a second team selection. Her stats on the two time champion merits it. She was especially a key player last year.

Reaction Score
I think the teams could have been a bit larger. There’s going to be some very good players in the SEC this season. Kayla Wells, Destanni Henderson, Victaria Saxton, N’Dea Jones, Aaliyah Wilson are some players who could make both teams as well.

A&M has the toughest schedule this year while SC plays both them and Miss St at home. Miss St has A&M at home but will play SC, TN, and KY on the road. It’ll be interesting to see how this season plays out.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I understand that Unique Thompson is a different kind of player.

Cool name!! :)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think the media did a good job in picking. A lot of question marks for all teams this upcoming season. I think any of the top 6 have a realistic shot to make a run for the title. I'd also expect a Mississippi State player (or 2) to make the top 2 teams but there isnt an obvious standout like we've seen the last few years with Vivians and McCowan. Any of Bibby, AEH, Danberry, Taylor or Jackson could step up to the plate.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Any of Bibby, AEH, Danberry, Taylor or Jackson could step up to the plate.

You're talking about Promise, right?

I should say, however, that based on what I hear on Bulldog forums - it looks like Vic is going with Myah Taylor as his starting point guard - due to his belief that Danberry's skills are better displayed when she's in 2 guard position.

Reaction Score
You're talking about Promise, right?

I should say, however, that based on what I hear on Bulldog forums - it looks like Vic is going with Myah Taylor as his starting point guard - due to his belief that Danberry's skills are better displayed when she's in 2 guard position.

IMO, that’s a mistake. Too many players better than Myah Taylor to leave her on the floor just so Danberry can play at the 2. Hard to properly space the floor when two guards aren’t good shooters. Danberry’s quickness will be a huge boost regardless of where it’s used.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't see how the Williams transfer gets waived. If the other two are waived, thats a big difference for Missouri.
At the time of both the Dickson and Dufficy transfers, it was initially reported that they would be sitting out 2019-20 due to transfer rules.

Reaction Score
Mizzou doesn’t have a pg and that alone will be a problem for them. They are also smaller in the post this year. They should be good with Blackwell and Smith but I can’t see them any higher than 6th.

Reaction Score
IMO, that’s a mistake. Too many players better than Myah Taylor to leave her on the floor just so Danberry can play at the 2. Hard to properly space the floor when two guards aren’t good shooters. Danberry’s quickness will be a huge boost regardless of where it’s used.
That was an issue last year as neither J Holmes or J Danberry were good shooters. It’s no secret Coach Schaefer tried to get a grad transfer point guard in M Moore (who signed with Oregon). My first thought when J Danberry got her extra year of eligibility was that she would be the point guard. However Coach Schaefer said he hoped she could play the two guard position and if she did have to play point she would be a “scoring point”.
Several have expressed concern as to whether M Taylor was ready to take over the point this season. I have thought she needed another year of seasoning. This summer Coach Schaefer took J Holmes to the University Games who had already graduated. For most of the games she played the majority of minutes. However during one of the later games Holmes was not playing well and M Taylor stepped in and took charge. It was the first time I had seen her do that.
Ultimately Coach Schaefer is going to play the players he thinks will give the best chance of winning and will adjust the system for that.
If M Taylor struggles or if it is better for the team I could see him not having a true point but instead playing J Danberry along with another secondary ball handler for pressure situations. Although she is not a guard C Bibby makes good decisions and is steady.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom