SEC - PAC - BIG10 | The Boneyard

SEC - PAC - BIG10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ironic that the strongest/richest/most stable conferences overall, are the 3 weaker ones for WCBB.

Besides Stanford, Tenn, Kentucky, are there any teams from those conferences that could make a deep NCAA run?

Maybe Penn St & LSU.
With Caldwell's departure and Dixon's injury, UCLA seems out.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Why do you think KY could make a deep NCAA run?

Reaction Score
Why do you think KY could make a deep NCAA run?

I havent followed them super closely but know they've got everyone back except Dunlap. Plus Samarie starts in Jan.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I havent followed them super closely but know they've got everyone back except Dunlap. Plus added Cal transfer Stallworth, and Samarie starts in Jan.

Stallworth won't be eligible to play until the 2012-2013 season.

tigger

LSU Tigger
Reaction Score
I could easily see USC, Cal, Penn St., Purdue, LSU, UK, UGA, or even FLA in the Sweet 16, but after that it's a crapshoot. Personally I think that Cal., LSU, and maybe Purdue have the talent to go further...whether they do depends on, as we all know, a couple of dozen different variables.

On a different note, the ACC wouldn't count as being among the strongest, richest, most stable conferences?

Reaction Score
I could easily see USC, Cal, Penn St., Purdue, LSU, UK, UGA, or even FLA in the Sweet 16, but after that it's a crapshoot. Personally I think that Cal., LSU, and maybe Purdue have the talent to go further...whether they do depends on, as we all know, a couple of dozen different variables.

Cal, Fla? Don't know much about them - explanation requested.

On a different note, the ACC wouldn't count as being among the strongest, richest, most stable conferences?

Not compared to the other 3, no. Don't get me wrong, they're in a ton better shape than the B12 or BE, but the ACC is definitely weaker than the top 3.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I can buy Florida for the sweet 16, but -

Same question as vowelguy - why bullish on Cal? Have found them disappointing and thought I read they had issues.

Also - is Purdue that much improved? Again, always a Sweet 16 contender, have not seen them likely to go further recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom