SEC Opening Night Schedule | The Boneyard

SEC Opening Night Schedule

Reaction Score
Not a lot of marquee matchups on opening night, though the Ole Miss-Alabama game could be a knock-down, drag-out affair. Both could be battling for a top-four spot in the standings and a two-day bye in the SEC tourney.

To be fair, the Vandy-MSU game is noteworthy if Vandy can hang with them. Frankly, I have my doubts about the Dores’ shooting and rebounding (especially rebounding) going into this game, and I’m not very confident. State on the road is a tough test for most of the SEC. A win would be a milestone in coach Ralph’s journey as our head coach, but I don't see it happening.

My picks in bold.

SEC Openers (all times CST)
6:00 Texas A&M at Georgia (SEC+)
6:00 South Carolina at Florida (SEC Network)
6:00 Ole Miss at Alabama (SEC+)
6:30 Vanderbilt at Mississippi State (SEC+)
7:00 Tennessee at Auburn (SEC+)
8:00 Missouri at LSU (SEC Network)
6:00 Arkansas at Kentucky (SEC+)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
From a betting perspective, I agree with our fine and devoted Vandy fan, but from a rooting interest perspective, I will be rooting for Georgia (even though it goes against my Coach Abe dislike, I dislike Taylor and A&M administration more), Florida (do I really need to qualify why as a UConn season ticket holder?), Alabama (not a Coach Yo fan), Vandy (Go Shea!), Auburn (UConn and anyone playing Tenn), LSU (tough to like Robin Pington) and Arkansas (how Elzy will be able to keep her job at the end of the year could be the miracle on 34th street in 2024). .

Reaction Score
From a betting perspective, I agree with our fine and devoted Vandy fan, but from a rooting interest perspective, I will be rooting for Georgia (even though it goes against my Coach Abe dislike, I dislike Taylor and A&M administration more), Florida (do I really need to qualify why as a UConn season ticket holder?), Alabama (not a Coach Yo fan), Vandy (Go Shea!), Auburn (UConn and anyone playing Tenn), LSU (tough to like Robin Pington) and Arkansas (how Elzy will be able to keep her job at the end of the year could be the miracle on 34th street in 2024). .

Re "Do I really need to qualify why as a UConn season ticket holder?", yes yes you do........as this was new insight for me ;).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not a lot of marquee matchups on opening night, though the Ole Miss-Alabama game could be a knock-down, drag-out affair. Both could be battling for a top-four spot in the standings and a two-day bye in the SEC tourney.
I frankly wouldn't consider anything in the SEC this year a “marquee” matchup except for the South Carolina–LSU game.

Vandy–Mississippi State is IMO the most interesting game of the 7 tonight. Neither team has played much of a schedule and both have a lot to prove.

Every other game, as you've picked them, has a pretty clear or even overwhelming favorite, perhaps with the partial exception of TAMU-Georgia as I still don't know what to think of the Aggies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if any of our resident LSU fans will be participating in the “Dress like Coach Mulkey” contest tonight? Check out the prize!:D

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Mulkey fashion-something old, something new,
something borrowed, something blue, something purple,
something sparkly, something tacky…

IMG_1463.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics