SEC Commissioner wants to destroy March Madness? | The Boneyard

SEC Commissioner wants to destroy March Madness?

Reaction Score
I'm kind of getting done with "college" sports. These mega conferences that make no geographic sense and now going to ruin one of the best events of the year, March madness? I'm just not a rabid of a sports fan as I used to be, I can easily be done with all of it.

Reaction Score
I'm going to have get off my lawn moment, but the whole thing is just a shell of what it once was. I'll always root for UConn, but the whole thing is hollow. The tournament is the crown jewel and is more or less perfect. You eliminate the "little guys" and all of the soul (or what's left of it) is gone.

Reaction Score
March Madness will not be decided by the SEC, but by the media networks. Don’t you think the media networks want the widest reach to watch the tournament?

Reaction Score
March Madness will not be decided by the SEC, but by the media networks. Don’t you think the media networks want the widest reach to watch the tournament?
You’re correct. No one tunes into March Madness to watch the SEC. You watch to see upsets and Cinderella's. These mega conferences are trending dangerously close to cutting off half of their audience because they deem them not to be worthy of playing anymore. I hope it blows up in their face if they attempt this crap

Reaction Score
I'm kind of getting done with "college" sports. These mega conferences that make no geographic sense and now going to ruin one of the best events of the year, March madness? I'm just not a rabid of a sports fan as I used to be, I can easily be done with all of it.
Honestly, that's a big reason why I've gravitated to mid-major basketball these last few seasons: there's a clear sense of basketball for basketball sake.

Conferences that prioritize basketball (Big East, A-10, MAAC, SoCon) tend to be the games I watch.

Reaction Score
My sophomore year in college I remember a huge offensive lineman picked up a drunk nerdy freshman (who was not being belligerent) and dropped him laughing. The kid ended up in the hospital. This is the mentality of the P2. This is business going on but believe me they will destroy the market and either momma government will regulate and possibly break up the cartel if necessary or college sports will be destroyed

Reaction Score
Lol some of you guys need to be more media literate. We should be vigilant about what the powers that be have planned for the NCAAT, but this story is a nothing burger. It’s only meant to be click bait for college basketball fans in July, when there’s usually nothing to report.

Reaction Score
Lol some of you guys need to be more media literate. We should be vigilant about what the powers that be have planned for the NCAAT, but this story is a nothing burger. It’s only meant to be click bait for college basketball fans in July, when there’s usually nothing to report.
Very easy to tell who read the article and who read the headline from this thread

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Alienating other schools can & will backfire considerably. Nothing quite like losing a large chunk of fans, viewers & revenue. "Mega Conferences" may very well be a thing soon, but if they're the only ones invited to a party then I know many outside supporters won't care to tune in...

Reaction Score
I knew they would come the NCAA tournament. I didn’t think it would be this soon. Sad.

A lot of money there. Makes Blue Blood Basketball schools very attractive if they go that route.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks this is just a rumor or badly sourced writing, well you're probably right. But in the end it will come true regardless.
It would be monumentally stupid but I wouldn't at all be surprised if they try. College sports are eventually going to end up like NASCAR if they continue down this path.

Reaction Score
not a great read to start the morning. sankey's face...:mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom