SEC Championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SEC Championship

Reaction Score
McCowan got into foul trouble in the 1st half and sat most of the 2nd quarter. When she came into the game in the 2nd half, she was a shadow of the player that she was all year. She was a Non-Factor. That's why Miss St lost.
Appears to be easy to get into McCowan's head...this is exactly what Louisville's game plan will be.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
McCowan got herself off the floor with two not smart fouls before A'ja even hit the floor, but you nailed it. The recipe is simple, but 36 times various teams' recipes haven't worked, so maybe not. That was a good win for SC and they were the better team last year.

Next year will be interesting and MSU will certainly look different. I doubt McCowan will have a lower scoring average. Plummet? No way.
I know MSU loses the 3 seniors who have been great this year, so how does the team look for next year?

Reaction Score
Myah Taylor can knock down threes and won't Andra Hunter be eligible to play? She's sat out the entire year for goodness sakes and I know she can shoot.

Reaction Score
And people think Missouri is a weird fit, ha.

I'm not sure whose reaction would be more entertaining. UConn's New Englanders or the SEC folks.

Oh my, the idea of UConn fans calling into Feinbaum is priceless.

I'm a big Feinbaum fan although I can't always understand what his Alabama and Mississippi callers are saying..............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If Andra Espinoza-Hunter can play then the dawgs will be adding two five star guards when you add Hunter and Myah plus they will be adding two five star front court players in Daphne White and Jessica Carter. The dawgs will also be adding a top 50 wing in Xaria Wiggins. The future looks bright for MSU :)

Reaction Score
Myah Taylor can knock down threes and won't Andra Hunter be eligible to play? She's sat out the entire year for goodness sakes and I know she can shoot.

I think Hunter waited too long to be able to play next season............really difficult to replace the firepower and court savvy of those three............Vivians is an all-time great for Miss State........they have some good recruits coming but I would expect them to be down from the past few seasons.......

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I know MSU loses the 3 seniors who have been great this year, so how does the team look for next year?

It's actually 4 senior starters we lose. Only T returns. I wrote this a few days ago in response to a similar question...

I expect the starters to be Holmes at PG, backed up by what should be a very solid RS freshman in Myah Taylor (3 time Miss. POY), athletic solid defender Jordan Danberry at the 2, Chloe Bibby at the 4 and Big T in the middle with the 5th starter a bit uncertain. Likely to be either Iggy Allen depending on how her knee rehab goes or Nyah Tate. Could see Taylor and Holmes playing together as this team will be much more offensively challenged and Taylor can score. I'm hopeful of a breakout year for Bibby after an offseason in the system and an expected improvement in conditioning and strength. Expecting her to put up 12-15 a game. We'll need it.

That's 3 senior starters with a good deal of playing experience. Returning T is huge obviously, and while still a bit in doubt she has said she's coming back. She should be a force and will have some size backing her up with Campbell and the freshmen.

They will play Vic's style of aggressive D and beat a lot of people on the strength of D alone. Probably a Top 15 to 25 type team if things transition smoothly. There's a good freshman class coming in who will hopefully get in the mix at some point in the year.

State does not have the well of talent of the top teams, so an injury or other loss will affect them more harshly, especially if it's a senior.

Very hard to project 2020, but we're obviously excited about Andra. Hopefully by that point some of the 2018 and 2019 freshmen will have stepped into vital roles. We won't have the force in the middle, but there seems to be plenty of talent and coaching to remain in the top half of the SEC.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
....Returning T is huge obviously, and while still a bit in doubt she has said she's coming back. She should be a force and will have some size backing her up with Campbell and the freshmen.

They will play Vic's style of aggressive D and beat a lot of people on the strength of D alone. Probably a Top 15 to 25 type team if things transition smoothly. There's a good freshman class coming in who will hopefully get in the mix at some point in the year.

State does not have the well of talent of the top teams, so an injury or other loss will affect them more harshly, especially if it's a senior.

Very hard to project 2020, but we're obviously excited about Andra.
I want to follow up on a few items I left- if Teira is a Junior I am confused on the comment “while still a bit in doubt” is she 22 already and therefore eligible for the draft?

I think if T returns, you are a top 20 team as Vic will coach them up. I also think these past 2 years is elevating the programs profile and you are and have already gotten better recruits coming in AND looking at MSU.

Do you or anyone know when Andra registered for school? I mean is she is taking classes now, she would be eligible for spring 2019. If she isn’t, she will lose that half semester and won’t play until fall 2019.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I want to follow up on a few items I left- if Teira is a Junior I am confused on the comment “while still a bit in doubt” is she 22 already and therefore eligible for the draft?

I think if T returns, you are a top 20 team as Vic will coach them up. I also think these past 2 years is elevating the programs profile and you are and have already gotten better recruits coming in AND looking at MSU.

Do you or anyone know when Andra registered for school? I mean is she is taking classes now, she would be eligible for spring 2019. If she isn’t, she will lose that half semester and won’t play until fall 2019.

Admittedly not having done further research, my understanding is that T will be eligible for this year's WNBA draft, but has said she intends to return for her senior season.

Andra will not play for MSU until the 19-20 season as a sophomore. That has been confirmed.

I agree with you on MSU's profile being raised these last two years and hope we're right on that front.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom