SEC & Big10 announce the formation of a joint advisory group of university presidents, chancellors, and ADs | The Boneyard

SEC & Big10 announce the formation of a joint advisory group of university presidents, chancellors, and ADs

Reaction Score
Oof. It was going to happen sooner or later. Our best hope besides getting into either of these conferences is that one of them absorbs the big east for basketball.

Reaction Score
At this point just have the Big 10 and SEC be the NFC and AFC and break away from everyone else for football. It's the only reasonable solution and it will help satisfy their greed.
I so want that to be true but unfortunately greed is never satisfied.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
i am just glad something is happening….current state isn’t sustainable.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is the obvious next move to break away from NCAA and form a new college athletic governing body.

B1G will align with FOX, SEC will align with Disney and they will each have 30ish schools.

Each conference will have divisions and the champions from the conferences will play for national championship.

They'll carve up the ACC, B12 and a few indies.

UConn needs a full on press to make sure they get in on it.

Reaction Score
7989D984-AE2A-48BB-82C6-7E049EEC0E53.jpeg

Reaction Score
At this point it’s hard to care about CFB moving forward like this. It’s basically a pro league masquerading as universities.

I would, however, enjoy a relegation system that allows perennial bottom dwellers like Vanderbilt etc. to drop and give teams like JMU or other top mid-majors a shot at moving up. The top conferences can have their TV deals, but schools have to earn it. (Yeah I get that’s the most unlikely thing to happen ever out of this).

Reaction Score
The craziest part about all this is that schools with mediocre sports and no major media market like Nebraska and Iowa somehow end up as part of the “in-group”

Reaction Score
The best possible (albeit unlikely) outcome would be for a football separation that allows for football-only mega conferences and schools can put basketball and everything else in any conference they want.

Reaction Score
The best possible (albeit unlikely) outcome would be for a football separation that allows for football-only mega conferences and schools can put basketball and everything else in any conference they want.
Nah. Media needs year round content.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Either the Big 10 and SEC are making a huge bet that anti-trust enforcement will be ended, or this is a phenomenally stupid move legally.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
At this point it’s hard to care about CFB moving forward like this. It’s basically a pro league masquerading as universities.

I would, however, enjoy a relegation system that allows perennial bottom dwellers like Vanderbilt etc. to drop and give teams like JMU or other top mid-majors a shot at moving up. The top conferences can have their TV deals, but schools have to earn it. (Yeah I get that’s the most unlikely thing to happen ever out of this).
I’d like this too but the capability of the lowest SEC/Big 10 team now and the lowest when there are 48 or so pro college teams will be dramatic. All talent, advertising, coaching, and resources will be flowing in. It will be like a current NFL team against a great college team. Or NBA against college team. I think we will see it as a bridge not crossable. I think Vandy only gets kicked out when the move is made to like 32 teams and one superconference In the 2030’s.

Reaction Score
This is the obvious next move to break away from NCAA and form a new college athletic governing body.

B1G will align with FOX, SEC will align with Disney and they will each have 30ish schools.

Each conference will have divisions and the champions from the conferences will play for national championship.

They'll carve up the ACC, B12 and a few indies.

UConn needs a full on press to make sure they get in on it.
UConn is not getting into the B1G or SEC. Will will most likely be in some conglomerate of the ACC leftovers. Where ever we end up we will be ok.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom