SEC 21-22 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SEC 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I'll bet you 100 bucks you win more than 6.

Who can you see us beating?

SC? Georgia? Tennessee? Kentucky? All are gonna be predicted higher than us.

Arkansas has lost Dungee and Slocum, but they still return Ramirez and a heck of a lot of Top 30 recruits. Neighbors recruits much better than McCray. And we play 2 games against Arkansas.

LSU has a middle of the pack roster in the SEC, but Mulkey has stocked better new players than we have. Alexis Morris, Autumn Newby, Hannah Gusters, and Moon Ursin. Also, a 3 time National Championship winning coach against Nikki McCray Penson is a match Tiger fans will take. They split the series against us last year with an inferior roster, with a better one they'll go 2-0 against a not much different (maybe slightly improved) MSU roster.

It's possible we may split the series vs Ole Miss, but beating them twice?

A&M I'll give you that it's possible. Missouri has not shown life yet, but they're not a total bottom feeder. They embarrassed us last year, return all their top players....they just don't have anyone outside their Top 2 or 3. (Same situation as us really) Florida we should beat, but I wouldn't say it's a guarantee since they came close to knocking that door down last year too. Lavender Briggs having a big game might just be enough for them.

We'll beat Alabama, Vanderbilt, and Auburn tho. Looks like 6-10 to me. Conference is insane, really.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who is Te'a? Lol..

1629899957440.png

Reaction Score
Who can you see us beating?

SC? Georgia? Tennessee? Kentucky? All are gonna be predicted higher than us.

Arkansas has lost Dungee and Slocum, but they still return Ramirez and a heck of a lot of Top 30 recruits. Neighbors recruits much better than McCray. And we play 2 games against Arkansas.

LSU has a middle of the pack roster in the SEC, but Mulkey has stocked better new players than we have. Alexis Morris, Autumn Newby, Hannah Gusters, and Moon Ursin. Also, a 3 time National Championship winning coach against Nikki McCray Penson is a match Tiger fans will take. They split the series against us last year with an inferior roster, with a better one they'll go 2-0 against a not much different (maybe slightly improved) MSU roster.

It's possible we may split the series vs Ole Miss, but beating them twice?

A&M I'll give you that it's possible. Missouri has not shown life yet, but they're not a total bottom feeder. They embarrassed us last year, return all their top players....they just don't have anyone outside their Top 2 or 3. (Same situation as us really) Florida we should beat, but I wouldn't say it's a guarantee since they came close to knocking that door down last year too. Lavender Briggs having a big game might just be enough for them.

We'll beat Alabama, Vanderbilt, and Auburn tho. Looks like 6-10 to me. Conference is insane, really.
Y'all can definitely steal a game vs Georgia, Kentucky, and Tennessee. As good as they are. They are teams that y'all can upset. Which I wouldn't exactly call it an upset. Mississippi State has a formidable roster. Now it's up to Nikki to get the players to buy into her. That's the key to y'all being a 9-7 or 10-6 team.

Edit: y'all can definitely split the Arkansas series. I think you're setting the bar too low for this team. But as I stated. Nicki has to get them to buy in. And she has to be a coach. Not that sitting on the bench. She has to be engaged. This team does not have a bottom feeding roster

Reaction Score
I'll take the over for a 6-10 projected league record for Miss State.

I almost feel like were talking g about different things.

Reaction Score
Y'all can definitely steal a game vs Georgia, Kentucky, and Tennessee. As good as they are. They are teams that y'all can upset. Which I wouldn't exactly call it an upset. Mississippi State has a formidable roster. Now it's up to Nikki to get the players to buy into her. That's the key to y'all being a 9-7 or 10-6 team.

Edit: y'all can definitely split the Arkansas series. I think you're setting the bar too low for this team. But as I stated. Nicki has to get them to buy in. And she has to be a coach. Not that sitting on the bench. She has to be engaged. This team does not have a bottom feeding roster
Agree with this post, the player potential is there, however player potential does not matter much if a coach does not understand how to be use that potential. Hopefully, last year was just a startup bump for Nikki and she becomes more positively involved with the players this year. GO NIKKI!

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Agree with this post, the player potential is there, however player potential does not matter much if a coach does not understand how to be use that potential. Hopefully, last year was just a startup bump for Nikki and she becomes more positively involved with the players this year. GO NIKKI!

It's not a startup bump. No team has historically tanked this fast so quickly while getting the same team back.

Reaction Score
It's not a startup bump. No team has historically tanked this fast so quickly while getting the same team back.
I am not trying to make excuses for Nikki, I was amazed at the Holly impression she gave during the game, just hanging her head and sitting while the team struggled. The contrast with Vic and even the Ole Miss coach was just so different than what we were use to. My hope is this season will see a more involved coach, just have to HOPE!

Reaction Score
NMP just hired Doug Novak as assistant head coach.

Looks like she turned the whole coaching staff over.

Reaction Score
NMP just hired Doug Novak as assistant head coach.

Looks like she turned the whole coaching staff over.
Not gonna lie, looks pretty bad when literally the entire staff turns over after your first season as HC. I am not sure I have seen that before.

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, looks pretty bad when literally the entire staff turns over after your first season as HC. I am not sure I have seen that before.
Only time will tell if Nikki is in over her head. It’s very hard following such a successful coach and I’m sure the pandemic didn’t help. As a Gamecock, I hope she‘s great because she was a great assistant coach.

Reaction Score
Only time will tell if Nikki is in over her head. It’s very hard following such a successful coach and I’m sure the pandemic didn’t help. As a Gamecock, I hope she‘s great because she was a great assistant coach.
I think Miss State and Kentucky will give better reads of their coaches this year.

Reaction Score
And Tamisha Augustin is leaving for the G-League. Will be McCray’s fifth assistant hire this off-season.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
All these assistant coaching changes can't be a good thing. A company who changes out their entire staff is usually gonna see lots of people who can't get along or work together. Same thing with the players who she felt such a strong need to switch out. Meanwhile, the pressure is on. Bomb this year and I can't see how she can truly recover from that.

Reaction Score
Next topic please… I’m so tired so seeing the complaints and the season hasn’t even started yet. Make an entirely new topic if that’s what you want to talk about.

Reaction Score
And Tamisha Augustin is leaving for the G-League. Will be McCray’s fifth assistant hire this off-season.
So two new hires she made ended up leaving elsewhere? Yikes

Reaction Score
Next topic please… I’m so tired so seeing the complaints and the season hasn’t even started yet. Make an entirely new topic if that’s what you want to talk about.
Okay new topic.

Who will be the under the radar player for y'all's team?

I'll go first. LSU. Jailen Cherry... The loss of Moon gives more minutes to her. She can almost do it all like Moon. Besides shoot the 3. I can see her improving her midrange. If Kim bring a lot out of a player, Cherry can be one of a few that can see improvements.

I chose her over Payne and Shemasti because I expect them two to be very important to the team's success.

Reaction Score
Okay new topic.

Who will be the under the radar player for y'all's team?

I'll go first. LSU. Jailen Cherry... The loss of Moon gives more minutes to her. She can almost do it all like Moon. Besides shoot the 3. I can see her improving her midrange. If Kim bring a lot out of a player, Cherry can be one of a few that can see improvements.

I chose her over Payne and Shemasti because I expect them two to be very important to the team's success.

For SC I’m going to go with Amihere for under the radar. I see her having a very good season.
For the SEC I really like Lavender Briggs. She’s not under the radar but I really like her game

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For SC I’m going to go with Amihere for under the radar. I see her having a very good season.
For the SEC I really like Lagender Briggs. She’s not under the radar but I really like her game
For y'all. I like Bree Hall. Idk how much time she'll see this year. But she's a complete package in an already talented recruiting class y'all pulled.

SEC. I think Que Morrison

Reaction Score
For y'all. I like Bree Hall. Idk how much time she'll see this year. But she's a complete package in an already talented recruiting class y'all pulled.

if we have an under the radar performance this year there is a good chance it's Brea or Bree.

Brea Beal adding comfortable three point range would be a dramatic difference.

Reaction Score

I like that choice! For LSU I can see Trasi making some noise under Kim. She’s solid and has some skills so I’m interested to see how it work.

Reaction Score
That SEC is going to be wild and hopefully competitive over the years to come. Love what Coach Staley has done with South Carolina. Coach Mulkey is gonna have LSU in the mix in a few years, if not this year. Arkansas and Coach Neighbors. He has that program highly competitive and a threat every night. Alabama is becoming a threat. Coach Curry has that program headed in the right direction. What is great about seeing teams like Alabama and Arkansas. I could throw in Auburn, Kentucky, Missouri, and Flordia, is that these teams are not getting 4 & 5 Star recruits! They are getting the 2s and 3s and developing those players into competitive units. And if they can get two 4 or 5 Star players, that is going to be a program changer for a lot of those programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom